SM7 Smash Box review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SM7 Smash Box

Purchased from: John Williams Music, Bangor, N-Wales, UK

I'm using it with a Westfeild les paul through a 35w Cruiser amp. You can get a hiss but it sounds better with the void on medium setting. The distortion is great for a metal/heavy rock sound. It has a self discovered cut off switch (distort thru amp, hit pedal with level on 0 and it will cut off). It's a great sounding piece of kit.

I play Heavy Rock/Metal (e.g Metallica, AC/DC etc) so it's a perfect match, it's got a chunky,Heavy sound. I've been playing nearly 12 months and this is the first pedal I've had but it's so easy to use it's like I've had it for years. If I needed to replace it I'd probably go for something more expensive for a few more effects/more distortion :p. I think that it's only lacking one thing as a pedal for the sort of music I play, an octave drop switch so I don't have to tune the basturd down every 2 minutes. Overall, if you're on at relatively toght budget, this is the way to go, after all, Ibanez IS one of the best available.

It's made of solid aluminium and has push in switches. It's a very durable pedal. It's also quite small so it doesn't get in the way. I'm having trouble with cables coz my room is 13' by 16' and I'm using two 20 ft cables. :$

It's the easiest thing to use. Crank up the distortion and level to get a really good, heay sound. It has a void setting so you can filter out all the un-wanted hissing noises. It also has a sharpness switch but that doesn't make much difference.