SM7 Smash Box review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SM7 Smash Box

Purchased from: eBay

The sound is decent I suppose. But personally I think it sounds great only because I wire my Laney Tubefusion to my PA for a more wide, clear, and gain type sound, which I think makes it sound a lot better. I have a Morley Classic Wah and it works fine with that, a Boss CS-3 and it sounds clearer with that, and a Boss DD-3 and it sounds fine with that. The guitar I use is a Gibson Les Paul Studio so if you own anything within a lot lower quality than that then don't expect the sound I have explained above. One other point about this pedal regarding sound is the off/1/2 switch feature. This is damn helpful when set to '2' because it compresses and litrelly switched off the pedal without you having to stomp it off. All you have to do is mute the strings and it sounds like the pedal is switched off! Something Boss don't feature!

I would give it an 8. I think I'll have some fun with it and then trade it in for an upgrade in a few monthsm maybe a Boss MD-2? I love the overall sound once I find the right settings!

I can depend on it and I would use it in a gig. Built with strength! But the bad thing is you have to have a battery inside to close the stomp compartment. Weird? Still works fine but looks codge bodgey?

This pedal looks complicated to use and did look complicated to use once I recieved it but actually it's very easy to use.

mrhappypants
    Hah! 1st! I own this pedal, and it isn't getting the reviews it deserves this pedal would easily get an 8.5 or 9 in my book. Durable as hell, great sound, easy to use. What more could you want?
    McCartyE.T.
    yeah this is a great pedal, PRS(emg81+60)->morley tremonti power wah--> ->a/b/y switch-a->smashbox->roland amp |-b->mxr doubleshot dis->marshall amp everyone get this pedal!!!! its awsome!!