SM7 Smash Box review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Ibanez: SM7 Smash Box

Sound is average it takes a while to tweak to the sound you want and even then it not the best. It can be very noisy when your not playing and when you turn the distortion up high it really pisses you off but there is a void for that but I find that Switch stupid because it take a while to start working so it sounds like shit when your playing a song and you stop for a bit. But I have managed to get some good sounds out of this pedal like Pantera, new school Metallica (you can't get that mad crunchy sound with this pedal) and Led Zeppelin but its real hard to get that sound you want if you dont want to sit there tweaking your amp and pedal for ages.

I play mostly metal eg pantera, Metallica, Megadeth etc. but I play a bit of rock like zeppelin and Pink Floyd but this pedal is not good for metal you cant get that crunchy thrash sound but it a cheap pedal so what can you expect but if this pedal was stolen or lost I wouldnt buy it again id go gor the 'Boss Metal Zone' or the 'DigiTech Death Metal Pedal' or the 'DigiTech Metal Factory Pedal'.The thing I hate most about this pedal is the feed back you get from it and the constant buzzing when your not playing but its all good for a cheap pedal. I wish it had and extra knob for mids because that would help it a shit load for sound but yea.

You can depend on it but I use an adaptor for it because batterys are shit and even with my adaptor it sometimes takes a few stomps to get it going. I wouldn't use this pedal for a gig its not reliable enough.

Not to hard to use four knobs and two switches but it takes a bit of tweaking.

scottydosntkno8
    Shib
    It looks pretty nice.. US it is probably 30 CAD is like 40, maby 35?
    mrhappypants
    scottydosntkno8 wrote: what is the real price of it??? 2 reviews said $30-37 and another said almost $100! what is it!?!?!?
    I paid around $60 for both of mine, (one was stolen), so I thought that's a pretty reasonable price.
    Dumpsterdan
    35$ for a floor model. just like new for a 3rd the price. brutal crunch sound for down-tuned guitars, somewhat of a thrashy sound for standard E tuned guitar, based on a marshall practice amp and an unnamed half stack tube amp. i play in a crust band (sadly the show amp i use is a peavey 112 bandit meaning i cant use the pedal on it.)
    Dumpsterdan
    lol just found out that i can use my pedal on it, had to look up peavey instruction manuals =P
    MylesPetro
    I can get a pretty good Protest the Hero-ish distortion out of it. It can be really high gain too.
    jimbo09
    this distortion is really great in my opinion. awsome sound, and i got it on the cheap too! ($20 used at my local music store) P.S. Go MylesPetro! Protest the Hero is awsome.
    sharkhead7854
    damn its awesome!! Music: System of A Down type stuff Guitar: Ibanez Iceman ADX-120 Amp: Silvertone Smart III 10W ----- I got this for $25 total on eBay and i am extremely satisfied it looks easy to use and it is AND when i bought it, it came with an adapter so i dont have to drain batteries in practice =P im a big Soad freak and this pedal along with my iceman gives me a sound just like them lol even on my little $80 10W amp Definitely worth buying, especially with the void option that others may not have