SM7 Smash Box review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SM7 Smash Box

Purchased from: String N Things

I am playing this through a Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt (I know it's bad, but I can't afford anything else at the moment) and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus (With Seymour Duncan Alnico II) and a Gibson Les Paul Junior (With a custom P-90, called H-90) and to be honest, it sounds amazing. I do have one complaint though, sometimes when palm muting it can sound a little muddy, but it is barely noticable. Also, it is very noisey unless you put the noisegate Switch on. I play a lot of punk, pop-punk aswell as metal. it's easy to get a nice Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, Green Day, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Sum 41 and Blink 182 kind of tone out of it. Even through my pathetic amp it shines.

I play mostly punk and pop-punk, but I like metal guitar playing and it is awesome for that, I would say it's more metal designed than punk; but it does good for both. I have been playing for three years and my current set up is; Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt, Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus, Gibson Les Paul Junior, Dunlop Cry Baby Wah and this. If it were lost/stolen I would definatley buy a new one but I think I would rather have a Boss DS-2 because it has two differant distortions on it. I love basically everything about it. I compared it to every pedal in my local shop. Although I wish it had the option to have turbo distortion.

This pedal is very dependable, it is made from metal; although it's quite heavy for such a tiny thing it is worth it. Also, the EQ, Drive and Level buttons all can be secured into place after you have set them up to your pacific liking.

This pedal is very easy to use, it was my first pedal and I understood it very will. The manual is pretty useful because even for a person new to guitars or pedals will understand it. It has four EQ: Drive, High, Low and Level. Drive is how much distortion, Low and High are the EQs and Level is the volume. The Level is a very nice feature, there is a song with my band that begins with very quiet cleans then BANG! there comes massive and loud distorted guitars.

Metal_Mesh
    Which one shall i choose: This one Digitech Death Metal (my first on is broken :S) Boss Metalzone Electro-Harmonix Nano pock et Muff ????
    Armagedden66
    its a great pedal, i just started using it, so i cant really vote on its durability, but the sound is magnificent