TK999HT Tube King review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TK999HT Tube King

Purchased from: KleenSounds

I am using the clean channel on my Roland Cube 30X with a Ibanez RG321MH that has Infinity 3&4 pups. I do not recommend using it on any distorted channels as it is a distortion unit. Void function (Noise Gate) is pretty good but sometimes the transition between playing and the unit stopping the sound has abit of a jerk (not really noticible though). Without The Void turned on though there is quite abit of feedback at high gain levels but that's about what one should expect. It was very easy for me to get sounds of Avenged Sevenfold and Rage Against The Machine. I play mostly metal and this box does the trick. Can get anything from high pitched screams to low bassy moans.

As I said before this unit is great for metal. Any tone between (and including)light crunch and high gain it can handle. I have been playing for 2 years but I don't have any experience with other tube stompboxes. If it were stolen or lost I would save a load of cash and buy an all tube amp but if I only had a solid state amp I will definitely replace the Tube King. This little box can make most SS amps sound tube. There is only one very minor annoyance, there is no on/off Switch so you need to unplug the AC adapter to turn it off (I have no problem with that though).

I would depend on this pedal without a backup. It is built very sturdy (and heavy) and the controls wont be broken when stomping on the thing as some are protected by the shape of the unit and the other two are high up where you don't stomp (But if you did stomp there I'm sure they wont break). I would gig with it anyday... Just don't drop it on your foot, or bass players foot for that matter.

Fantastic Stompbox! It was very easy to use and the manual explains everything well. Not a very long manual but it has a few sample settings in there. It also comes ready to plat with the AC adapter. Not many controls to get confused with here, it has: Drive, Level (Volume), Low, Mid, High (3 band EQ), Presence Switch (For more sizzle), Void (Noise Gate).

shcantdance
    Yeah, It's my favorite distortion pedal I've ever used. It's based on metal of course, but I can get some creamy 70's tones when its set to 0 drive, full output with bass and treb set at 12 o'clock with the mid's at 3 o'clock.
    The^Unforgiven
    Does it do a good job with the whole tube gain thing? I've been lookin' for a tube driven distortion pedal to resurrect my Valve King, and I really want it to sound like genuine tube gain. Any luck with this?
    Stringslinger25
    I was wondering the same thing. I play a B-52 triple rec, with high end tubes. And i have been looking for a pedal that can give the same kind of dynamic distortion as a tube amp. I have tried about every analog pedal out their and nothing comes close. I need a pedal that has that "tube" feel, warmth, and power. Plus it needs to have enough gain to play newer hard rock and metal. Anybody got ani ideas????
    DarthPew
    Buy it. It's totally worth it. Just keep in mind, the tube in this pedal is a Ruby tube. It's good, but to enhance the pedal's potential, I recommend you switch tubes into your liking. You want solid Rock & Roll sounds? Switch the tube to a Marshall 12AX Tube. Want that metal tone? Buy a Mesa Boogie 12AX Tube. Want that blues touch? Fender tubes (although, I am not sure this one would fit into this unit).
    Khriss Bliss
    If u replace the tube w a JJ 12ax7, makes HUGE DIFFERENCE! I love mine, makes my sound roar and growl like the pros, output volume works the pwr tubes so I get perfect blend. w JJ tube , this thing is priceless!