TS7 Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS7 Tubescreamer

Purchased from: Local music store

It has three knobs; drive, tone and level. In addition to that it alsp has a switch that can add som extra gain. I'm currently using it along with my Ibanez RG270 and a Marshall MG50DFX. This pedal is ok for rhythm playing but is a little weak for soloing. I would say that punk, pop-rock and soft rock is where this baby should be used, perhaps also some CCR-like stuff.

I've been playing for 4 years now. I play just about anything from 70's disco to hard rock. This pedal can more or less deliver anything in between. I still use my amp distortion for solos though. This is also my first distortion pedal, I've only been using multieffects before. If it were stolen or lost I wouldn't buy another one, I'd go for something else I think. One nice feature is the Tone-Lok that makes sure the settings you don't turn the knobs unintentionally, or that someone else doesn't for that matter.

It hasn't let me down yet and I don't think it will either. I think it's quite safe to use this at a gig without a backup. Unless you're using an adaptor it might be a good idea to bring backup batteries though. This thing eats a lot of batteries. "Physically" it's durable enough.

The pedal is pretty straightforward to use. It's like any other pedal. You plug it in and turn the three knobs until you get the sound you want. The manual was only one piece of paper though it contained everything you need to know plus a few settings to start out with.