TS7 Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS7 Tubescreamer

Purchased from: guitar center

I play an Epiphone Les Paul and a Vox 15w amp, I bought this pedal to replace a dying Proco Rat. Similar effect, but less harsh and doesn't 'do' fuzz. On the 'hot' setting, it is a little noisy compared to my old Rat. I didn't think this would provide much overdrive/distortion, but with a compressor behind it, set at only about 12 o'clock on the 'hot' setting, it gives a very satisfying rock distortion. I managed to get the Pearl Jam (both guitarists use TS-9s) and the Tool guitar sound with little tweaking (also very good for AC/DC and punk rock thought). I put a Boss Metal Zone before it in my effects loop and the two sound surprisingly good together, I now use the Metal Zone as a powerful boost for the TS-7, just took a bit of tweaking getting the tone levels about the same. I really like ve the overall sound.

Well, I just wanted to say that this is a very good, classic rock pedal, I've been playng for an year now and I've had a Marshall Guv'noir and it's just a piece of crap in compair with this one, I would probally buy another one if this was stolen.

Not had it long. It's made of metal (can't believe anyone would think it's plastic). Design is very similar to Boss pedals, the retractable dials increase durablility, so possibly more reliable than Boss.

Three knobs, one switch. Very basic, simple and straight-forward. If anyone has any trouble trying to get this thing to work or sound right then either the pedal is messed up or the person trying to work the pedal has a serious learning problem.

mysistermeac
    RJMan
    btw the people that say this gets the MetalicA sound, they are wrong. this doesnt get a heavy metal sound whatsoever. the palm mutes arnt very good at all and you have to turn the amp volume up a lot to get a sound even close to MetallicA. the notes are twangy and dont sound rich and full
    Dumbass omg nobody ever said this pedal is for metal and btw some people play music other than metal
    ogisha007
    People, people, people. the Tubescreamer is a very soft and smooth distortion pedal (hence the name Tube screamer, not Solid state Crusher). If you want to get a usable metal sound with it, use it as a boost in front of a high gain tube amp (on the pedal, set the level to the max, gain very low or to the minimum). That setting adds the "chug" to the distortion, and is good for riffage. The Tubescreamer by itself, as far as I've heard, it nails a kind of SRV sound.
    cyclefreak207
    Yeah, seen a Metal Master pedal lately? It says metal master cuz its for metal, not vintage style playing, would you buy a delay to get a compressor??? Damn idiots.
    Rusty_axe
    mysistermeac wrote: Fucking idiots every one of that say's this pedal cant play metal, I have it and I have been playing for 8 years and every person should know that almost every metal band uses a overdrive pedal, most of them a tubescreamer (not this type though, the TS9). You use it in metal to boost your distortion on the amp. No serious guitar player are using a distortion pedal like ; boss metalcore, boss metalzone or digi metalmaster, it's just for noobs that dont have good amps soo they can combine the distortion on the amp and the overdrive pedal! Fuck...
    100% agree! My friend uses his TS7 to boost his lead tones in our band and its badass, i am so going to buy this becasue it rocks!
    iKillYou!
    therealsherwood wrote: holy crap metallica595, you are an idiot, do you really think that a tube overdrive PEDAL(thats how you spell it) is going to give you a metallica or speed metal sound? if you do then you shouldnt be playing guitar because you know nothing. it is used for classic rock lick ac/dc & SRV.
    100% right. this aint no metal pedal! just because it says ibanez on it you assume you can play metallica or whatever with it. go to sleep..
    therealsherwood
    fleh
    the first guy dint say but it seems like everyone wrting a review is using a solid state amp and expecting this to be a distortion pedal. fags
    595Metallica595
    junk petal. i got the digitech metal master it blows this thing away. mine broke. the top broke off when i dropped it out of my hand and it wont go back on. this petal doesnt get any sound want (which was replaced with the metal master, i play heavy metal/speed metal) this petal sucks. get a different one. this is a nu metal garage band petal
    ibanezguitars44
    yeah, like ogisha said, this isnt supposed to give you a high gain sound. but if your amp is overdriven then you add the tubescreamer, it can give you high gain. most people just use it to get more gain out of their amp or for a solo boost
    borehead
    The TS-7 is cheaper because it is mostly put together by machines, and not by humans (or at least that's the way I think it is like). In my opinion, you can barely tell the difference between the pedals. If you are a fastidious player, you'll maybe think it's a difference.
    Allen2288
    I like this pedal, but it is always buzzing as if it is having a ground loop problem. Any ideas how to fix this slight buzz?
    Kinslaya
    I use it after my Ibanez Weeping Demon WahWah and before my Digitech RP 350 Multieffect. Direct into the Mixer. (Amp is simulated in the Multieffects) Sounds great. It gives me this little bit more "BAMM" for Solos and a little more Gain, but is always warm and gentle.
    seanydon
    I think people who are buying this pedal for a rough, hard distortion are seriously looking for the wrong thing. Tubescreamers are famous for thier mild yet warm, smooth overdriven goodness. Think SRV or Santana, not Metallica.
    MrChris
    ive got the TS-7 and the MT-2. I like the TS-7 for just a bit of extra drive when i had a really shit amp that you could not use the distortion because it sounded so shit. This will not substitute a decent amp with proper gain controls. Good for a cheap fix id only give it a 6 or 7
    595Metallica595
    rednightmare
    I suppose the "screamer" part of the name could be a bit misleading. But, how is this version compared to the TS-9 or 808?