TS7 Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS7 Tubescreamer

Price paid: € 50

Purchased from: Local Music Store

As I started to play guitar it was my 2nd pedal I bought. At that time I was really in this goth/industrial/metal-sound. I thought "S***", not the tone I wanted. But since I was more n more in guitar and discovered that Drive knobs don't have to be set to "10" and a nice warm sounding Solo kicks ass it was an obsession. Played gigs with it. Very smooth, warm sound. Now I use it as a boost for solos. Awesome. Warm, fat, smooth and sustain. The sounds you can get from a Ibanez TS are well known. Warm, nice, singing, fat overdrive. If you search for heavy distortion, close this site, but if you want to play hardrock, punk or bluesrock, it's very cool. There's also something new: The "HOT" switch. If you pull it there is more gain, sustain, tone, volume. Just heavier (But also warm and nice). Sad it's a bit noisy in this setting. But, man, we're playing guitar.

I play hardrock, bluesy rock, punk and just everything that has nice guitars. And that now for 2 years. I own several Ibanez pedals and a 30 W amp for practice. In band practice I play direct in the mixer. I love it for it's tone. And I think every guitarplayer should own a TS, just because it's cult. Its an overdrive, not more, not less. If I want to play harder things, I use my other equipment. That was always so and isnt a secret. Positive: - Easy to use - Legendary TS sound - Warm, fat, awesome sound - Solid metal - Great hot-switch Negative: - A bit noisy in "HOT"-modi - Not for metal or other extreme distortions.

Played Gigs with it, without backup. It's really solid metal. The one Who said it fell out of his hand and now it's broken. Man, why does it fall out of your hand. The only negative: It eats batteries, batteries, batteries. But if you always change batteries before a gig it's no problem.

There are just 2 things in the box. The pedal and the instructions. The instructions are short, but good. With cool and good sounding examples. Everything that you want to know. On the pedal there are just 3 knobs: drive - tone - level. Explains itself, if you ask me. Very Easy to use. With bit tweaking you get what you want.

thethrupnybits
    i think i might invest in one of these... i play through a marshall mg100dfx with a morley pwo power wah pedal and a jackson kvx10, but i find i want that little extra oomf when i play solos and heavier riffs. any ideas on other pedals to do this?