TS7 Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS7 Tubescreamer

Purchased from: Gift

I use a Dean Cadillac X with a DiMarzio Liquifire on bridge and a D-Activator on the neck, a Fender Champion 30 for practice, in some gigs we rent big amps. The sound is awesome, warm and fat tone but with the Drive at 12 o'clock in TS9 mode you can play chords and hear every note, but if you play a power chord, you can feel the power inside. The "Hot" mode has fatter-gainier tone, can easily be used as a main distortion and if I crank it over 3 o'clock, I can even get some "metal tone" from it (I think it can be made with any humbuckers). The Bad Thing: The "Hot" mode is noisy when not playing. Is an excellent booster, I use with the Drive at 12 o'clock in TS9 mode before the main distortion (a Boss DS-1) and has a really god metal tone without the noise.

I play in a Alternative Rock Band, but I like to play metal sometimes. The warm sound is perfect for the alternative. I think it can be used on any gender, at least as a booster. I don't know what will I do if I lost it (beside of crying a lot), it's not on stores anymore and in this country (Venezuela) I haven't seen another of these. I compared it with the Boss OD- and the TS7 is more versatile. The problem again, is the noise in the "Hot" mode, is the only thing I'll change. I assume that some Electronics Wizzards would be able to do something about it, but I don't know yet.

Is made of metal, so, you can jump on it, is a real tank. The previous owner said it can be used as a weapon (I think that's why I had to send it to repair on the first place). I'm planning to buy a Pedal Power but for now I use rechargable bateries. It last about 12 hours on it, but I'm not sure, I use it more that the other pedals and is the last baterie on get dry. I have used it on gigs without backup and it worked just fine. It can be depended on, no last minute troubles, and the sound fits in almost any amp I've tried it on.

Well, I got this from a friend that won't use it anymore and it has some small problems due to almost 8 years of use (or abuse, I'm not sure). I had to send it for repair (a few broken cables, and I also changed the led for a blue one). When it came back, it was awesome. It has the 3 basic knobs: Drive controls the gain, tone controls the eq, and level controls the volume, and a switch for the "TS9" and "hot" mode, no Rocket science, anyone can use it without the manual. To get a good sound should be easy, start with all the knobs at 12 o'clock and fix what you want from there.

ionis.ioanou
    The hot mode introduces some extra noise , I mean the pedal is kinda noise anyway but for the price its a great boost/od. I bought it because to try if its good for the price to value. Turns out it is. The alternative is the ts mini
    Skysc
    This pedal is nice for the price ... i liked the HOT mode very much , its like a lot of gain but not harsh or compressed .. more smooth . Still keep the mellow overdrive instead of being a clipping distortion but with a lot of gain . its not intend for metal by itself but for punk/pop punk like green day and everything similar that need a marshall tones ... it sound very great . i prefer it over my crunch box form mi audio .. as i say its an overdrive not a distortion , its mellow and sound pleasant . i used it into a clean amp .. they arent design for that in their main purpose but surprinsgly great on the hot mode by itself . for 40 $ .. cant go wrong .
    Skysc
    mas789
    til I looked at the draft ov $7328, I accept that my best friend was like they say actualy receiving money part-time on their computer.. there aunts neighbour haz done this for only nineteen months and just repayed the dept on there villa and got a new Volkswagen Golf GTI. go to, Great70dotcom