TS808 Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS808 Tubescreamer

Purchased from: Mid-Michigan Music

I'm using this with stock Ibanez AXS32, Fender MIM Strat and Squier '51. I'm running it by itself through a Blues Junior. It works well with every guitar. This pedal is pretty quiet. I don't really hear much buzz. The effects always sound great and sharp, unless the battery is dieing, which I don't have to deal with, because I have adapters. What I use this for is, AC/DC. It's got an incredible AC/DC sound, even with my strat. Very good tone and sound quality.

I play stuff like AC/DC, Hendrix, and MCR. I think this is a great piece of equipment. I've been playing for about a year and a half, I own a blues junior, metal muff, crybaby, and big muff. I use this usually only with my metal muff, as a boost, or just by itself for classic rock. I don't think I have any regrets at all buying this. I bought it for classic overdrive, and it delivered. I think if it were stolen or lost, I'd definatly buy it again. Very nice pedal.

I'm pretty sure I could count on this. Of course I haven't gigged yet, but it seems rugged and capable. It's got a zinc (I think) casing, and it seems like tank armor, it's also got a rubber stopper on the bottom, so I don't think it'll slide.

The ease of use on this thing is pretty easy. It's got three knobs, overdrive, level and tone, and it's pretty easy to get a tone out of. You just move them around until you get what you want. There is a manual for it, but it wasn't much of use. It had basically how to set it up, and what each knob did. I kind of had to figure out how to get my sound myself.