TS808 Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS808 Tubescreamer

Purchased from: soundcontrol

I use this with a few different guitars, but mainly with my Gibson Les Paul Studio. I play it with my Laney VC-30. It works great and I can get most great classic rock sounds. You can get a classic AC/DC sound along with many other artists, but moreover you can get your own sound. It is not at all noisy and very transparent so it doesn't suck your guitars tone. It always sounds great.

I mainly play rock (both classic and modern) and it's a perfect match. I've been playing for 2.5 years and I own this, my Les Paul, my VC-30 and a Fender mexican strat. I can't find any regrets and if it was lost/stolen I would definitely buy another one. I bought this after I had a DS-1 and it's a huge improvement. I'd reccommend it to antone of any styles as it is great in every area.

It is totally dependable and very reliable. I could use it at a gig without a backup. It's housed in a very strong metal casing that looks like it would be bullet proof. I'm not sure how long the battery life is as I always use the 9v power supply. The knobs seem strong and I know that they will be reliable enough to frequently mess with.

Very easy to use; 3 knobs: overdrive, tone and level. Overdrive is nice and smooth, so the right amount on Overdrive is easy to get. The tone control works well and so does the level. Getting a good sound is never a choise; you always get one. All the different settings are very useable. The manual really is just how to set it up and safety precautions, but you don't really need one as it is easy to use.

Jhachey22
    blacklp wrote: 4rom = fourrom = four rom = your english is crap
    go bitch about it in the 4rom, why don't you?
    marktuazon
    THIS IS NOT A DISTORTION PEDAL!! (Revalk seems to be a bit confused) this is an overdrive pedal ,tubescreamer. tube-screamer. it sounds best on a tube amp.. if you're going solid state use a distortion.
    Shablibbit
    This reissue may be a pretty good overdrive pedal in comparison to the rest of the market but is nothing compared to the original ts-808. Analogman can mod your reissue or your TS-9 for that matter to make it sound sweet like the old ones. And yes, overdriving a clean tube channel is where this pedal shines.