TS808 Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS808 Tubescreamer

I am very picky when it comes to sound so I am constantly adjusting and meddling with it trying to get a good sound but one thing's for sure, I am always satisfied in the end with the tones it can create. It can give you that awesome, absolutly amazing bluesy crunch, and it can definetly do rock. However it is not a distrotion pedal as mentioned countless times. This is an Overdrive, and it's the best at what it does. The only problem is, I have a solid state amp which, compared to a tube amp sucks ass. So I'd bet it sounds a billion times better through an all tube Marshall or Fender amp. WITH A STRAT and a Fender Amp, it sounds godly. You can't go wrong with this pedal.

I play everything from classical, to blues, rock, to metal. I would say that this amp is great for blues and rock, not so much metal for once again, it is a Drive pedal not a distortion. if it were stolen I would definely buy another one for 190 bucs, it's worth it in my opinion. Like I said before I am picky when it comes to sound so I am constantly fiddling and toying with the tone and volumer on the pedal, my guitar, and my amp and I hope someday I'll find a tone that will blow everyone away.

Built like a tank. I would use an ac adaptor during a gig because you never know with batteries, they tend to run out pretty fast. An ac adaptor is only around 30bucs and it lasts a hell of a lot longer than a battery so... do it, you can't go wrong. And if you're starting to buy many pedals, consider building or buying a pedal board so that you don't have to carry everything around seperatly.

As soon as I plugged it in, within minutes of fiddling, I had a nice tone down. Very easy to use, it's got a tone/volume/drive. it's so easy to use there is no need to even look at the manual. it's also great as a boost for a break up clean solo, if you turn down the Drive all the way and set the volume to a desired level, it sounds very cool. beautiful if I may add.

duzit89
    the_lil_rocker wrote: The Hawkins brothers 4rom "The Darkness" use one of those
    you should be saying "Stevie Ray Vaughan Used 2 of These"