TS9 Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS9 Tubescreamer

Purchased from: Musician

I have a Mexican Stratocaster and a 25 watt Peavey combo amp that I use with this pedal. I use it to get Led Zeppelin and AC/DC like Overdrive, which it does great. If you put the drive down at like 2 or 3 you basically get a boosted clean sound. Drive all the way at 10 gives you a light crunchy guitar tone. It's a very smooth Overdrive, not as hot as the TS808 (which I prefer) but very warm sound.

When I play classic rock, (i.e Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, CCR) it gives the best sound you could want. It's also great if you play rhythm with full chords, can get nice full crunchy chords without the chords getting fuzzy or muddy, where all you hear is noise. I've been playing for 4 years. I love this pedal, if you use it for the right kind of music itll sound great, however if you try to play something heavy on this pedal you'll be disapointed in the sound. The only thing I dont like about it is that I wish it would get a little more crunch, but then I'd have the TS808 which I plan on purchasing to replace the TS9. Get the TS9 if you want a really warm sounding Overdrive and not too much gain.

It's a very solid pedal. All metal construction. Will not break under regular use (including gigs). Only way I see it breaking is if you were to throw it against a wall a bunch of times.

It's incredibly easy to use, but most stompboxes are anyway. 3 knobs, drive, tone, and level. Drive is the amount of Overdrive. The tone knob controls sound wether it's more trebly or bassy. Fully counter-clockwise is for a more bassy sound, and fully clockwise will give you a higher pitched with the treble more prominant. The level controls the total output of the pedal. There's input and output and the stomp switch.