TS9 Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS9 Tubescreamer

Purchased from: Disgruntled User

This thing is hot. I run it between my Mayer Strat into an Ampeg V3, or a Vibro-king on the clean channel. I like the drive at a little past 2, Tone at whatever feels right, and the Level enough to get everything clear. I like a real bassy, almost SRV tone, but not as biting. And if I ever get the urge to scream, this does it like the best of em. People: note the name of this pedal, Tubescreamer. Yes, this means it it is built to be used with a tube amp. Not transistors. This being, any solid state amp is not going to give you that sweet SRV tone you expected. You will get mud, or treble, depending on how drive happy you are. Again, dont buy this without a decent, all tube amp (I kindly suggest the Blues Jr).

I love it, it really compliments the strat well. An all around good pedal for blues and whatever else comes out of these dirty fingers.

Tough as nails! I've taken mine through hell and back tryna make some cash. This thing loves it, the more you abuse it the better it seems to sound. Must be all that ugly paint that got stipped off. I use mine as a backup for my Original TS808, its older brother bulit back in the day. Same construction, somethin about the chips make it sound a little different though. Battery life is decent, Id buy an adapter.

I love this box! The only reason I bought it was to boost my clean channel. I don't get these people trying to boost their distortion channels, If you want distortion, buy a distortion pedal! If you want solo tones, it all depends on what you like. But if you want sweet and spicy blues with soul enough for Jesus, this is your box.