TS9 Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS9 Tubescreamer

I'm using an Epiphone Les Pauls Classic Plus, and the amp is a Roland Cube 60. My pedal effects are basically Line 6 DL-4 and a Vox Wah Wah, and I can say that TS9 is something that I was looking for. Last year I bought the Boss SD-1 pedal, and it's great as well, but not the same. Not at all. I read in internet that this is the pedal used by Noel Gallagher and listening to some live songs. It's the one, no doubt. Even though my amb and my guitar are faaaaar away from his, the sound I get is pretty "close" to Oasis sound.

I play pop/rock, some kinda indie rock. This is the pedal for that kinda music. Some other reviews explains that it is a perfect pedal for blues and classic rock. If I were stolen, I definitely would by another one, no doubt. But I should've to save some money the price in here is too high. What I love? that great warm sound, soft distortion that lets you play whatever (unless you're a metal guitarrist, if so buy some other Distortion pedal, not this one). What I hate? The price. That's the only thing I hate. But what can I say? It's 100 euros more expensive than the Boss SD1 for example but it sounds 1000 better. You know what I mean. I've never had the chance to play the Old TS9. I've read a lot o revies tryin' to say that this is a damm bad copy, I'm sure they're wrong, believe me when I say that I can get exactly the sound I want with it. I hate those know-it-all guitarrists.

It looks like unbreakable, I don't know. Obviously yes, I would use it on a gig. I don't know what is it made of, but it's really heavy for a pedal effect. I bought it 2 months ago, but I think this will last for a loooong long time. I'm sure of that.

Easy, that's the word. Just three knobs: Overdrive, level and tone. Play with them and you'll find your sound. Nothing else to say. About the manual, it doesn't exists, but there's no need neither. It's your own work to set it up.