TS9 Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS9 Tubescreamer

Purchased from: guitar center

I run mine in parrelell with a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor on the dirty or "gain " channel of my Marshall mini stack with all three knobs cranked to the right or maxxed out. Searing metal tone with loads of sustain through the bridge pickup and yet still a very creamy sound through the neck pickup of my les paul. As I said the great advantage over a distortion pedal is you're guitars character sound still shines through. I would deffinately suggest a noise gate on a dirty channel quit a bit of buzz and hum. Roll back the dials a bit and you can almost clear the overdrive out of the line and just add some sustain to you're amp. You can also use it to dirty up you re clean channel and get some really cool bluesy tones adding a little reverb.

After many failed attempts at finding the tone I was craving earlier in my guitar life using distortion pedals like DOD Death Metal, and digitechs scott ian black thirteen, my tone was hollow no real chunk to it. I am now a huge fan of driving my gain and amp and being able to here more of the tone from my fingers and guitar than I did from a distortion pedal. I compared this to the Zakk Wylde Overdrive and the Maxon 909 before purchase.

Very solid, rugged construction. Case is steel and pedal switch portion is solid, no cheese here. Seems built to stomp on. Colors kinda funky makes it easy to find on a crowded pedalboard. Drop it off the roof then plug it in.

Three knobs, Drive, Tone, and level. Very user friendly. If you play with it you can get a wide variety of tones without muting the characteristic tone of you re guitar. The Drive and tone knobs function for the most part as gain and volume Drive, while the tone knob helps you mold and shape you're tone. One input, One output, and an input for a nine volt DC adapter as well as a battery.

fleh
    ammarrehman wrote: and by the way. the Boss MT-2 is a ****ing amazing pedal. you have to spend time with it. Pedals aren't magic boxes that you can turn on and expect your tone to become legendary. you have to know how to use it and understand what it does. the MT-2 requires no other pedal other than a noise-gate and it can give you any kind of metal tone you want. the only reason i use the rig i use is because that stuff combined with a triple rectifier sounds better, all you need for practice is an MT-2 and an NS-2
    you have a triple rec. and use a boss mt-2. .....ok then....