TS9 Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS9 Tubescreamer

Purchased from: center stage music, used

I currently play a Gibson Les Paul Studio and Fender American Standard Strat, as well as and Ibanez RG-550 and an 80's Kramer Striker through a Vox AC4TV and Vox VT15. This pedal delivers a nice boost for my amp and gives me a nice overdriven sound at lower volumes. I play all kinds of music from classic rock to blues to metal and Jazz. This pedal is great for blues and classic rock like SRV, Thin Lizzy, Bad Company, ZZ Top etc...

I think this is a great pedal, definitely a classic. I use this for playing classic rock and blues and for a boost for some of my fuzz boxes and to get a raunchier sound from my amp. I've been playing for over 20 years (on and off) I have several stomp boxes a Big Muff, Fuzz Face, Seymore Duncan Tweak Fuzz, Seymore Duncan Power Grid Distortion, Crybaby Wah, Morley Wah, MXR phase 90, Boss Compressor and a Zoom G2. I was looking at several Tubescreamers and clones. I was prepared to spend $100 to $150 on one and I just notice this small music store as I was driving and stopped in and noticed the TS-9 sitting in the case. I took it home and and have extra money for more pedals (just don't tell my wife).

These things are build like tanks. This pedal looks like it was used in a lot of gigs and was used quite well. I cleaned it up and it looks like a new pedal. I think this pedal has many more years of great sound to deliver. I'm a bedroom player so I won't abuse it like the previous owner/owners. Even if I did, I still think it would last.

I was looking for an Overdrive to push my Vox AC4TV to get dirtier sounds and to have an overdriven sound on lower volumes (I have kids). This pedal is easy to use and have no problem getting the sounds I'm looking for. I have not had any mods done. I might have a Keeley or Analogman mod done.