TS9 Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS9 Tubescreamer

I'm running my Ibanez S into this pedal, into my Marshall JCM2000. I only use this on the lead channel, and it works best on there. It is one of the quietest pedals I've owned, which is good for when the amp's blaring. I really haven't turned the pedal distortion up very high, but it packs a lot of gain. Though the tone knob doesn't make any huge difference. The pedal itself barely colours the tone, which is good if you have a nice amp. It still covers all high gain genres and makes for a great solo boost.

The pedal goes nice with tube amplifiers, hard rock and high gain soloing of any kind. I've gone through a decent amount of gear, playing for 4 years or so. I've gone through solid state amps, and I wouldn't recommend wasting money to buy this pedal unless your using a "real" amp and you need it. I love it's simplicity; everyone told me this pedal was the Holy Grail of pedals. Only a hundred bucks, a good deal for a pedal.. And I would buy another if it were stolen. If you're looking for extra gain, and your amp can't deliver, this pedal is the quickest and most reliable fix. Cool looking too, goes nice with an Ibanez axe.

The exterior seems standard; just as sturdy as any typical expensive pedal. I wouldn't try chucking it or beating it up a lot, small pedals like these can break. The only thing that would actually make it better is a brighter light. You kinda have to be right overtop of it in order to verify its active. Reliable = YES.

I bought this pedal for my "new" used Marshall TSL stack. I was intending to use a Vox Satchurator for extra distortion, but it didn't really work how I wanted on my lead channel. I decided to buy this considering its popularity, and since it works well with tube amps. Without even moving the knobs from 12 o'clock, the sound was perfect right there. I have used the same setting since, and I can't believe it was that much easier. Couldn't be easier, even came with a working battery.