TS9 Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS9 Tubescreamer

I'm currently using this pedal in front of my Vox AC30CC2. I'm either using my Fender Baja Tele or my Fender Tom DeLonge Strat when I use it. While the pedal isn't naturally noisy, using it as a volume boost with single coils likely will produce some noise. While you can use this pedal as just a standard Overdrive with a clean channel, I prefer to use it as a lead boost on the Top Boost channel of my Vox to tighten up the sound. I've tried it as a clean boost as well, but it's not really something I need.

I've played in Alternative and Pop-Punk bands, and the for the occasional lead riffs that need a little boost to cut through this pedal gets the job done. If it were stolen, I'd get a replacement, but I wouldn't buy another one new.I tried plenty of Overdrives before I settled on this pedal, including the Fulltone OCD, the Ibanez TS808, and the Way Huge Green Rhino. This is the one I liked the most. I chose it because I found it to be the easiest to dial in a sound I liked. I love its color scheme, it's sound, and it's small footprint. The only thing I would change about this pedal would be the switch on it, and possibly a two band eq instead of just one Tone knob. Still. I'd recommend this pedal to anyone.

This pedal is completely dependable. My only complaint is the switches Ibanez uses, I try to run as many True Bypass pedals as on my board. I haven't had trouble disengaging/engaging the pedal however. This is more of a personal preference rather than an issue with the pedal. The pedal itself is built like a tank. I don't have any problem gigging with it at all and it's gotten a good bit of use already.

This guitar is extremely simple to use, and I find it is almost impossible to get bad sound out of this little green pedal as long as you run it in front of a tube amp. It'll sound decent in front of a solid state amp, but doesn't give you the same effect.