TS9DX Turbo Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS9DX Turbo Tubescreamer

Purchased from: The Sound Shoppe

I usually use it with a Lyon practice amp, but I've used it a couple times with an Ibanez 50 watt amp. When you use the "hot" or "turbo" settings, the tone gets kind of muddy and doesn't articulate as well. The "TS9" setting offers a nice, well rounded tone, and the "+" setting gives a nice warm tone with a little more mid-range bite. If you turn the tone knob up all or nearly all the way, it gets a little fuzzy and doesn't sound so great. But if you rn it a distortion pedal, and don't turn the Drive up TOO high, it's perfect.

I play everything from nu-metal to metalcore to Death Metal and everywhere in between. This was probably meant for more bluesy stuff, but it goes great with metal. The bassiness of it adds a nice touch to any hard song. I've been playing for about 3.5 years now, maybe a little more, and I use a Lyon Distortion pedal (cheap but sounds great). If this pedal were stolen or lost, I would definitely buy another one, maybe another just in case. My favorite feature are the four tone settings. I do wish this had a little bit more crunch to it, but it's great the way it is.

This is a very dependable pedal. Nothing to bash on here at all really. I would definitely gig with this with no backup.It's rock solid construsstion is so perfect I would drop it out of a 3 story window and bet my house on it's not breaking. Trust me it's not gonna break!

This, overall, is a fairly easy pedal to use. It has 4 tone settings: TS9, +, HOT, and Turbo. Sometimes it's difficult to get a good tone out that isn't too bassy or powerful, but it really sounds great when used with other distortion or overdrives. The manual that mine came with was very helpful, as it had a few settings listed that had a nice sound to them, and it layed out well how to actually use the pedal.