TS9DX Turbo Tubescreamer review by Ibanez

Ibanez: TS9DX Turbo Tubescreamer

I am running my Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, into the TS9DX, and straight into my Peavey VK100 combo. Sounds amazing for rounding off your tone. This pedal isn't for the peaople who want straight up distortion however. While it does give you a little bit of that distrotion feel, the main purpose of this pedal is to give you full tube sound, and it delivers in that area, BIG TIME! It is great for anyone looking to push their tube amp to the max, and to polish off your sound. Great for many different genres, for metal, to blus, to rock. I use it for metal, and it sounds amazing.

I play everything from metalcore, to thrash, to rock, and it delivers in all categories. I've been playing 3 years, and own alot of gear. My basic live setup is my Schecter Hellraiser, Running straight into my TS9DX, into a Boss ns-2, into my VK100 combo. I would certainly buy another one if something were to happen to this one, but I don't see anything going wrong. I love the ease of use, and the sounds you can get of it. I do however, hate the feedback and buzz, but nothing a noise gate can't fix!

This is a very well made pedal. Tt takes much abuse, and still sounds amazing. I trust this pedal 100%. I used to have a backup for everything, but not for this bad boy. I just recently dropped this off the stage (about 6 feet) on to concrete, and it STILL sounds amazing!

The TS9DX is very simple to use. It has four dials. The Drive dial, which controls the distortion depth and sustain, The mode dial (Turbo mod, Hot mode, + mode, and Original TS9 mode), The level dial, which controls output level, and the Tone dial. Very simple to use, and great for adjusting on the fly.

TheWhiteBandit
    I'm thinking about getting one, I was wondering if the AC power supply for BOSS pedals would work with the TS9DX. I doubt it, but I'm just wondering, because they have the same 9V battery DC.
    fly135
    My friend just got one and I tried it out. I really liked the TS9+ setting for increased low end. It had a really ballsy tone.