WD7 Weeping Demon review by Ibanez

Ibanez: WD7 Weeping Demon

Purchased from: sam ash

I use this pedal through a Line 6 Spider II 112 amp with a 75 watt speaker and an Ibanez RG350DX guitar. The guitar and pedal were almost made for each other. The effects sound great most of the time unless you tweak it to certain settings, which can change the sound, but I find that all of the sounds I need come through awesome. It takes a lot of tweaking to get a good match to certain artists, but the manual includes presets that get you very close. I was able to get a "Cry-Baby" like sound of it to try and match Slash's guitar, alhtough it wasn't perfect. I was also able to reproduce a "Bad-Horsie" like sound to play like Steve Vai.

I play a wide range of music from rock to softer jazz and blues, and this pedal can accompany all of my wah needs. The adjustable parameters allow for total manipulation of the sound to your specifications. I've been playing for six years and I own a Digi-Tech RP200A mutli-effects pedal as well. The RP-200A provides me with effects that I need as well as a wah pedal, which is pretty weak. The Weeping Demon fills in the missing spots and is an excellent complement to my effects loop. My favorite part about the Weeping Demon is the switch that lets you have the pedal snap back into the upright position, or lets you move it freely without it springing back, like an expression pedal. In this setting, you use the alternate little pedal on the side to activate it and trun it off. Compared to a pedal like the cry-baby, the Weeping Demon doesn't produce that classic sound that most artists like Slash and Zakk Wylde use, so I was a little disappoited. Overall, this pedal rocks, but if you want that authentic clasic sound, it's a little lacking.

From a few years of moderate use, the pedal still looks and functions as good as new. There aren't even any scratches and I've stomped on it as hard as I could and the pedal still functions. You definatley wouldn't need a backup at a gig. It is very reliable and durable.

In terms of ease, there's not much to say, you press the pedal and you get the sound. Parameter knobs and switches are super easy to control, all you do is press em and turn em. Very straight-forward operation for a wah pedal. The manual includes a list of settings to make it easier to get the sound you're looking for.

jamie_acdc
    i have a weeping demon, and yes, at first it is really is an un easy feeling and you do soon mould yourself into what sound you get.. im still trying to find the perfect sound though.
    Jawshuwa
    I have this pedal, and that reviewer wasn't lying about how it eats away batteries, nor about it being built like a tank. I think mine's dying though. =( ... I'll probably buy a new one if my lead guitarist doesn't buy his own.
    badguitarist13
    from what ive heard cuz i dont own one is that its ok but there are others that are better. they complained of the dying out batteries problem like Jawshuwa said and that they figured the Cry Baby was better but if u like this, buy it. but i dont think i will.
    -spayed-
    i hav that thing. the 2nd i tried it out at sam ash, i was like....**** you dime bagg wah. lol, yeh this thing is the shit.