WD7 Weeping Demon review by Ibanez

Ibanez: WD7 Weeping Demon

I am currently playing an Epiphone Les Paul Standard through a Laney HCM10, and even with this small, practice amp it sounds great. It's a bit noisy on the treble setting unless you turn some knobs, then it's not noisy at all. Luckily I bought this with an AC Adapter, so dying batteries and weak sounds are not an issue. It easily replicates many wahs, you can go from a very funky wah to a Vintage wah in a snap.

I play blues, classic rock, prog rock, metal, and this pedal has no problems in any of those styles. I've been playing for almost 4 years and this is my first wah pedal, I've owned it for six months or so. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy this pedal again, you can't beat it in price, you can't beat it in tone, you can't beat it in flexibility, it's great.

It's a tank pedal. I could probably jump on it all day (not saying I will though) and it wouldn't break. It's almost entirely made of metal, except for a rugged plastic part which doesn't look like it might break. I would definitely use it without a backup.

This thing rocks. It has so many knobs that finding the tone you want is the easiest thing to do. Level, Q (for high frequencies), Lo (for low frequencies), Range Switch (from Guitar to Bass), Range Fine tuning (the frequency of the deepest pedal point, you know, "full wah"), auto-off delay, what more could you ask for?

youreowned
    This pedal is my most prized possession, and I will forever be finding excuses to throw it in when I'm playing. One problem I have however, is there is a difference in sound when it is off or on, or when its at its heel position, when the sweep is closed it should sound clean so you can leave it on for entire songs but it sounds somewhat cloudy. A little fiddling with the knobs could fix this but I have yet to get it perfect.
    pac_man21
    Ive only ahd this pedal for a little over a week but im dead impressed with it. It seems solid enough and is really easy to use. I only payed 87 for it which was a bonus.
    IBANEZ-RG350EX
    i have a Ibanez RG350EX model with a Marshal 230dfx amp and i know that Tom from Rage Against the Machine uses a Whammy pedal for Killing in the name, but is there a way to get that sound from this? i have the pedal but i want to know if i can get the sound... help me
    metzlerman567
    tom uses a digitech whammy but if your refering to a wah pedal because you poseted in a review for a wah pedal...he uses a cry baby..and are you sure you dont mean "bulls on parade"?