WD7 Weeping Demon review by Ibanez

Ibanez: WD7 Weeping Demon

Purchased from: guitar center

I'm running a 1967 Epiphone Flying V SE and a Fender Frontman 25R. I also have a Big Muff Pi, but I literally bought it last night so I haven't been able to truly equate that into my system yet. Almost no static noise at all levels which is amazing because my amp it's ungodly noisy. However if you turn the level, G, or LG up to far (usually past 3 oclock) you get some feedbacky or very electronicy sounds. if you want stuff that does not sound like a guitar or very electronic crank these dials up. With all 3 of the main dials cranked up the wah produces it's own feed back when you just move it, you don't even have to play anything, this feature is awesome to me cause I can adjust the pitch, volume, and tone of the feedback all with the wah pedal and volume contorls on the guitar. You can also use a kill switch set up on the guitar to mess around some more. With the dails up high you can also get some crazy stuff out of harmonics and artificial harmonics. For example, a harmonic on the low E string at the 10th fret, and the wah dialed up, and stange stuff happens. in genral thers is a lot of sounds you can coak out of this thing. when the level G and LG are at more normal settings the demon still produces a great wah tone and sound. the clean tones from the wah are also great, it's not the crybaby sound but it's still great.

Overall this pedal is amazing, it leans towards the heavies genres of music and probably wouldn't work that well for folk or blusy stuff. But for the alternative, prog, hard rock, clasic rock, metal, Muse (yeah they get there own genre) it's great. I've been playing seriously for about 4 years, and this thing is amazing and makes everything you play sound that much better. It's a dream to experiment with. I wish I had know about the power confusion that I went through. Defenitly worth the money spent. Absolutly love this thing, much better than the pricey crybabies. It's the best deal out of all the wah pedals I have ever tried.

The thing is a tank, it's got amazing construction. only draw back is interms of reliability with batteries, this thing eats them alive. the first day I played it I went through 3 9V batteries. But then I went and bought a DC adapter (not the Ibanez one) and I plug it in and all I get is static, I then tried using the 9v battery adaptor that the DC adapter came with, and it works fine now, but it was a hassle. So if you buy weeping demon fork out the money for either the Ibanez power adapter or a diffent adaptor that comes with a direct 9v conection.

It's self explanitory, pedal, on/off switch and volume knobs ect. With in an hour of buying it I was using it with ease, experimenting, and figuring out how to come up with some brutal sounds. Problem is there are a million knobs, which is a good thing except the ones behind the pedal are small and hard to reach, and if you need this for a gig it's gonna be hard to change those seetings on the fly.

rednightmare
    Have any Britsh peoole got the power supply for this? The guy at Sound Control said there'd be a problem wit the power supply cos it's American. Anyone know anything about this?
    danielrobbyshor
    you can also choose to have it activated by simply rocking it forward, which is completely unique in wah pedals
    not true. theres a few Morley wah pedals that use this. and did it before Ibanez made the weeping demon. and i'm a big ibanez fan