WD7 Weeping Demon review by Ibanez

Ibanez: WD7 Weeping Demon

Purchased from: GC

I'm running this through some pretty shoddy equipment, a Squier Strat, and a frontman, but it sounds alright. My complaint with it, is that it doesn't sound very good at all when distortion is applied. With a high gain setting, the wah effect is close to non existant. The sweep is pretty good compared to crybabies, which seem to be the minimum standard for wah pedals currently. This pedal sure shines on the cleans though. It can produce almost any sounds for funk that you could think of. The Q setting is pretty tweakable, but the Lo feature is almost useless. It has very minimal effect on the sound. The wah effect almost dissappears on the 5th and 6th string on the guitar setting however. If it wasn't for the distortion part holding it back, this is a very nice funk pedal.

I play classic, psychedelic, progressive, and southern rock for the most part. I have almost been playing for about 2 years now. If you can, see if you can compare it to different types of wahs. See if you can compare it to crybabies and voxs before you buy it to see what you like better. This is a hit or miss pedal. If it was lost or stolen, I would go buy a Vox wah instead, because a Vox would fit my style better than this, but overall it's not a bad pedal, especially if it's your first wah.

This pedal is made out of metal, it is pretty solid. I would definitely gig without a backup with this thing. It's durability could be compared with that of Boss stompboxes. The reliablility is there, and the durability even more. The only thing that could make this better, is to have bulletproof armor on it.

Pretty simple to use. It's got 3 tone type settings-fine tuning, Q, and Lo. It also has auto delay for when you use spring loaded, and a level control. It also has the most convinent battery chamber in a pedal that I've seen. It also has 2 different modes, 1 for bass and one for guitar. it's concept is simple, a wah you can tweak without modding circuits. If you read the manual, which is very brief, it should take you no more than 5 minutes to figure this thing out completely.

Dirt Bag Boy
    i have this and i think it is the greatest wah ever!! my buddy has a crybaby which i used a couple times but it just didnt have wut i was lookin for ibanez know wut they r ****in doing
    Guitar Sletten
    I NEED HELP! I've got this pedal, but how the **** do i set the knobs to get that Kirk Hammett kinda sound?!
    A7X666
    i dont like this pedal as much as i did, at first i thought it was great, better than my original wah which was in a multi effects unit but as i matured, got into different bands and opened my mind to boutique and vintage and the rarer i found this pedal lacked. the dude who posted up there is right, its not true bypass, its anything from it, it hums also i have the proiblem where if i turn the level anything past 0 it jus starts giving out a horrible high pitched noise; if thats my fault or a fault in the product i dont know. ive recently tested a colorsound vinatge wah n it was gorgeous, similar price, boutique, true bypass to hell n it sounded great even through a shitty amp. this pedal has it charms but once u get more experienced and once u listened to players with other equipment u (like me) will be looking for something that keeps ur entire tone, btw dont jus use a noise gate to cover it up coz that reduces tone unless u get the best noise gate out there, its cheaper to get a bit more expensive wah than a cheap wah n a cheap noise gate
    currymonster
    I own this pedal and i think it's very great with having the low and normal wah level and also being able to have it auto and the footswitch i would reccommed this to anyone
    kool98769
    youreowned wrote: This pedal is my most prized possession, and I will forever be finding excuses to throw it in when I'm playing. One problem I have however, is there is a difference in sound when it is off or on, or when its at its heel position, when the sweep is closed it should sound clean so you can leave it on for entire songs but it sounds somewhat cloudy. A little fiddling with the knobs could fix this but I have yet to get it perfect.
    Either you are a: too lazy to put it on spring or b:realizing that its not true bypass
    JD Blue Venom
    These Ibanez pedals do rock, i acccidently hit a lampost walking back from a gig one night and the WD7 in my bag did more damage to the post no joke! it is a chunky, heavy mo fooker, its got quite a kool effect if u wack the level and Q up and leave the Lo in the middle is u play any riff and press it down very slowly that gives off a swish kinda pitch shifty effect and i like the digital sound it gives off take the overall level etc effect down it makes it more vintage, i have an adapter for this u need these for the big makes in pedals because ibanez pedals drain juice like nothing and the 9V's are useless lol i recomend this it needs a lot of experimentation to craft ur own settings over time but i love it the more i play it!
    Dirt Bag Boy
    stumtk
    ^Dimebag crybaby from Hell. I love it. It sounds so powerful. My buddies got one of these weeping demons and i find that they have a very electric and unnatural sound to them. The Crybaby from Hell sounds more natural and powerful.
    JerkyChid
    A friend of mine has/had one and it really is extreamly variable. I wouldn't know about the durability but you barely have to touch it, it works so well; you'll love the spring action. I was always thinking about getting a ZW Wah til I got the same then better tone out of this thing. The durability question is why I haven't got one yet. I don't want to get something thats $100 and accidentally break it.
    Kutanmoogle
    The best reason to get one is because Samnung has one. And Samnung has crabs. On a more serious note though, the pedal is a really good buy if you're not afraid to tweak around to get your desired sounds. If you're more of a plug-n-play kinda guy, then I pity you because you're not seeing the potential of this cheaper wah. Also, just so everybody knows, you can remove that silver sticker on the bottom of the pedal to get access to two trimpots. Each of the trimpots (they look like screw heads) controls the overall range of the pedal, with one of them extending the frequency with the heel down, and th eother with the toe down. It's an easy way to get way more range out of the pedal.
    last_biscuit
    IBANEZ-RG350EX wrote: i have a Ibanez RG350EX model with a Marshal 230dfx amp and i know that Tom from Rage Against the Machine uses a Whammy pedal for Killing in the name, but is there a way to get that sound from this? i have the pedal but i want to know if i can get the sound... help me
    No because whammy concerns the pitch, whereas a wah pedal messes with the midrange of the sound, creating that distinct sweeping effect.