WD7 Weeping Demon review by Ibanez

Ibanez: WD7 Weeping Demon

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I hear that it does not have the warmth of the Crybaby, but I have no complaints with tone. There is minimal buzz. The effects are great and standard 12 o'clock settings. Standard settings offer a funky sound that works well on clean or light distortion. High and low can be cranked up to create a killer prog/techno sound. More options can be adjusted under the pedal to fine tune your sound. No matter what you're playing though, the spring function allows you to imbue wah into your sound on the fly without cutting it on and off manually. I play it hooked up with a Smash Box SM7 and the sound is pure evil. Going back to the spring function though; there is an almost imperceptible pause when cutting it on that becomes noticeable if you use this function in the middle of a sustain.

I play a little bit of everything and this pedal doesn't fail on any front. I've been playing for about a year (although I picked guitar up rapidly with previous experience in music). This pedal sounds professional in my honest opinion and I would recommend it to anyone except for the greatest of blue purists who want that extra ounce of warmth that the crybaby should provide. It's a nearly perfect wah pedal that I highly recommend.

This thing can withstand a lot. It is heavy and sturdy. No backup would be required at a gig. I've had no issues with it. Someone would need to intentionally bash this thing to damage it; it seems to be a reliable pedal. The spring of the pedal is durable and smooth and the tension can be adjusted for anyone's preference.

Straight out of the box, the Ibanez Weeping Demon is an easy to use and understand Tool in creating a certain sound. There's an innovative spring function that can be turned on and off that makes the pedal cut off when not in use and retract to default position to allow you to accent a note with some short, sweet wah. It also works well on bass. I play on a Crate ElG01 and on a Crate TG10R amp and it still sounds good, so you know that this is special.