WD7 Weeping Demon review by Ibanez

Ibanez: WD7 Weeping Demon

Purchased from: The Music Store

I use this with a Gibson Explorer and a Crate VTX65. It is a little noisy, but if you know how to use a wah pedal, then it can get pretty quiet. The effect is pretty good, it is less of a wah and more of a modern Vahh. It also sounds like their is a bit of top-boost. That only makes this thing cut through a mix like never before. You can get Steve Vai, Metallica, Hendrix, and even Guns n Roses tones. Very good pedal. If you play the same chord over and over really fast, and startto step own on it slowly, it makes a cool demon screaming sound.

I play heavy metal and hard rock. It is a perfect match. I've been playing for 2 and a half years, but almost every day for hours at a time. I wish I would have tried out a Bad Horsie first, but I love the pedal and as you step down on it, the Q increases. If it were stolen or lost, I would probably get the Bad Horsie. I love this pedal though. I love the pedal, and that isn't much I don't like about it. I just wish it was more of a beefy "wah" sound a opposed to a "vah" sound.

Totally dependable. No backup is needed, you can use a battery, but I like to use the AC adapter. This thing is made to withstand abuse. It is built like a tank. It is practically indestructable. It is like an unbreakable comb that isn't a comb. but it is unbreakable. I wouldn't like throw mine at walls or drop it off a building or anything.

It is very simple to use, but it has a bunch of features. Getting good screaming tone out of this thing is like breathing, it just comes naturally. It has a Q, pre-delay, low or high frequency selector, volume boost, and a knob (I don't know what it's called) that lets you Pick if when you step on the pedal if the wah starts sooner, or if the wah is more abrupt. It has a selector that lets you either use it as an auto wah, or like the Bad Horsie, as you step on it, the wah Q increases. You can even adjust how smooth or hrd it is to push the pedal down!

guy_tebache
    jo3myster : BUY THE DUNLOP 535Q WAH IT ENIALATES MOST OTHER WAHS
    Most? Thats a shining endorsment. Dunlop wahs in general kick arse over most others anyway. But I'm thinking about adding an ibanez wah to my dime sig crybaby- either the WH-10 or this one. It looks good
    sergiotall
    Do you have to click it down for it to work or is it like the Bad Horsie free style.