WD7 Weeping Demon review by Ibanez

Ibanez: WD7 Weeping Demon

I am running a Schecter Gryphon (Mahogany body, rosewood fingerboard, duncan designed pickups, super slinkies) through this into a Spider 212 (the Original red one). It sounds amazing on any settings, and can go from a Shaft-esque sound to an excellent bass wah (there's a Switch) to actually sounding like the pedal's namesake. Nothing sounds better over a solo than this wah.

I haven't been playing that long, but I've used countless other wahs and keep loving this one. I especially like that it is spring loaded, which makes it a definite improvement over any crybaby or Morley in terms of ease of use. All in all, if I had to take 2 pedals, my amp, and my guitar to an island, one would be a looper (Jamming alone is boring!), and the other would be this.

I'm only going to say this: This pedal was built to withstand nuclear war. However, it also eats batteries fairly fast. I've stomped on it countless times, fiddled with the screws, and even tried to pop the set-and-forget knobs off. I've failed to destroy or even harm this pedal. The only signifier of it's used condition is a sticky patch where I spilled a coke on it during practice.

This is one of the easiest pedals there is to use. I will lay it out in 4 steps: 1. Place Wah on pedalboard (I have it at the end of my signal chain) 2. Plug in all relevant cables 3. Step on wah 4. ROCK OUT. The standard settings should more than satisfy most people. However, if you wanted a crybaby sound you should have gotten a crybaby. This pedal has a built in boost, q settings, and low settings. It also has a fine tuning knob, which I have set at 5 o'clock to get the maximum punch on the high notes. It is easy to set the level too high, so unless you want to use the built in Overdrive (which is very good), keep it at around 10 o'clock. The manual is nonexistent, so just play with the knobs until you figure out what works. I had trouble at first finding out how to put in a battery, so I will help you out: There is a black button under the Switch that says "Ibanez" on it. Push it to release the battery door. Finally, the most touted feature: This wah is spring loaded and pressure sensitive. That's right, no more having to jump on your wah to turn it off. It just snaps right back when you take your foot off. Of course, if you want the sound that you get from leaving the wah in a certain position, flip a Switch on the left and stomp on the box on the right to turn it on and off. It sounds complicated, but it takes about 3 seconds to figure it out.