WD7 Weeping Demon review by Ibanez

Ibanez: WD7 Weeping Demon

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

Pros: The most customizable wah I have ever seen or used. Very little noise on footswitch mode, no noise at all on autoswitch mode (since the wah is turned off when you depress it). I use it with an Epiphone G-400 and an Ibanez TBX30R solid state amp (which is crappy) and it still sounds great! I can get any sort of sound out of it. Works very well with both high gain and clean sounds. I play a lot of Metallica and I can get the same wah sound that Kirk Hammett uses all the time. Cons: NONE, although I heard the sound quality worsens significantly when the battery is low. However, I use an AC adapter so there's no problem here.

This pedal is perfect for my playing style (Metallica, Pantera) and other high gain music. It also works very well on the clean channel. I played some Rolling Stones through it and it sounded great too. I've been playing for no more than 4 months so I'm a bit of a beginner. This is the first pedal I have owned and I think it is the last one I will ever need. The price is extremely good, and it can't be beaten in its price range. If my pedal was lost or stolen, I would buy it again in a heartbeat! I took a risk with this pedal by buying it without trying other pedals, but I do not regret it. The ONLY grudge I have against this pedal is the battery life, which made my life difficult for the first few days since I bought the pedal, until I purchased an AC adapter. I went through 2 9V batteries in those few days. Bottom line: Whether or not you're on a budget, this is the pedal to GET! You probably won't need to upgrade ever again.

Pros: I've been carrying this pedal in my gig bag for a few weeks now and it's still fully functional. It's constructed of metal, except the knobs. The rubber padding is good enough to prevent damage when you step down on the pedal. With an AC adapter, I could depend on this pedal without a need for backup. This pedal is made in China but it is pure Ibanez quality! Cons: If you do NOT have an AC adapter, your battery might run out during a gig.

Pros: Really easy to use. Just plug and play. No software/firmware required. Manual isn't very in-depth, but that doesn't matter considering it's so easy to use. The manual will tell you what each control knob does. The auto-Switch and foot-Switch toggle is very nice too. Autoswitch- the pedal returns to a depressed position after you let go, footswitch- the pedal stays where you left it. Cons: The only problem I have with it is the short battery life, and the fact that it doesn't come with an AC adapter. The battery life is roughly 11 hours. I bought a Line 6 DC-1 adapter and now its perfect.

ichakanabin
    If you really want to get the most of of this wah: 1) peel the silver sticker underneath the pedal to expose the two trim-pots inside; 2) get a small flat-head screwdriver; 3) turn the two trimpots all the way clockwise.. You might want to get a pen and mark the original positions of the trim-pots before you crank them so you can return them to neutral if you dont like the resulting sound.. You'd have to remove the backplate to do that though.. After this simple mod I got even deeper lows and screeching highs. The sweep is now so freakn wide! I've never had a wah pedal that let's me palm-mute while it is on.. and on the toe down position the high notes don't sound thin. This is not just a wah pedal.. It's an expression pedal.. It's absolutely amazing. Try this and judge it yourself. Tell us if it works for yah...