WD7 Weeping Demon review by Ibanez

Ibanez: WD7 Weeping Demon

I'm using my wah in line with an Ibanez Phat Hed bass distortion, playing a Cort GB 34 bass through a Laney RB4 amp. It can Take a while to dial-in exactly the tone you want, but it's worth experimenting with it as it has a wide range of wah-type noises in there! there's even a Switch on it for bass guitars. It had an auto-wah feature, with a spring loaded pedal so you turn it on by simply moving your foot on it, without having to hit a button with your foot first. this feature can be switched off, but I like it - makes using the pedal a lot simpler (hey, im a bass player - I like simple!) works well placed after my distortion pedal in the signal chain.

I play a mixture of blues, rock, metal and funk, and the wah suits me perfectly. I compared it to a Dunlop crybaby bass, and thought the Ibanez was much better, in both quality and range of tones. If it was lost or stolen I would definitely buy another one, after finding the thief and skinning him alive. slowly. My favourite feature is definitely the auto-wah. soooo simple to use!

I've had the wah for about 6 months now, running off of an adapter, and it hasn't failed me yet. I use it in rehearsals at least 6 hours a week, as well as gigs most weekends. The only visible signs of wear and tear are the rubber stoppers under each end of the pedal - they're starting to look a bit torn up, but its not effecting the pedal in any way. yet.

The WD7 is a little complicated at first, having quite a few different controls to get used to, but after a bit of fiddling i got it to work really well with my bass guitar. there is a manual, giving very straightforward instructions for each of the dials, as well as a few tips.

korn56
    korn56
    korn56 wrote: i've owned the original cry baby, the crybaby from hell, the bad horsie and this one.... this owns all wah pedals! switchless and total custom equalizing
    forgot to say that its 100% analog