WD7 Weeping Demon review by Ibanez

Ibanez: WD7 Weeping Demon

Purchased from: Amazon.com

My setup's remarkably simple: Ibanez RG550 through a Fender Mustang 3 (I usually set it to a channel with overdrive) I don't find it noisy at all, which helps a lot. The effects are also very strong, with a guarantee the you will be able to hear at least. As for getting my favorite sound, it really depends on the artist. I find this pedal to be fantastic for getting sound like RATM (especially songs like "Bulls On Parade"). However, I find it to be a bit too "sweeping", with almost every setting having the bottom become a lot thicker than the top. Overall, though, it's pretty good.

Though I play kinda everything, it is a good match for music that needs the "Wah-wah" sound. I find it fitting for playing just about everything with an obvious Wah effect (i.e.: not things like distorted guitar solos). I've only been playing for two years, and this is the only type of gear I own (I just usually use my Fender Mustang 3 for effects). If it was stolen or lost, I probably would buy it again, as I love it. I have to admit, my least favorite feature is HOW MANY BATTERIES IT EATS. Seriously. It's like a battery a day with this thing. One of My favorite feature is the settings. Let's say you don't want the huge, default wah-wah sound, and want something closer to a sound you can use for soloing. What do you do? Adjust the settings. Etc etc etc. The setting really expand how much it can do. Overall, this is a really nice pedal, and one I would recommend to anyone.

Can I depend on it? Pretty much. I've used this continuously for the past while, and it still shows no signs of age. I would definitely use this on stage, as it seems very durable and would probably last the gig.

For starters, I find it really easy to get some sort of RATM sound, as well as a funk sound, simply by plugging the pedal in and turning it on. Getting it to, say, add a bit of touch to soloing, is a lot more complicated, and seems to require lots of fiddling to prevent some notes from "disappearing" during your solo. No editing patches, as far as I know, so there's no easy way out.