WF10 Fuzz Wah Review

1,647
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
WF10 Fuzz Wah Reviewed by: JF4ever, on june 23, 2008

Purchased from: eBay

Ease of Use: The WF10 wah pedal is very easy to get into. Being a fuzz wah it has a knob on the side to control how much fuzz is on it. With that said, however what many don't know is that there is a screw on the bottom of the pedal that controls depth. // 9

Sound: I use a load of effects but my amps and guitars in relation to the effects is a Fender Mex Stratocaster, Fender Jaguar (12 years old), a Fender Deluxe 90 & Vox AD100VT combo amps. The gives a slight volume boost when turned on, and is really complimented well with chorus and/or distortion. When used with distortion it's best to Switch off the fuzz or else the boost is too much and it may actually cut off for a second before the wah is activated. If you're a Mars Volta or a Chilis fan you can definitely get their type of sound with this wah. It's basically a WH10 wah just with fuzz. The fuzz on it on low settings is a bit too weak but that's a minor flaw compared to something major later. // 9

Reliability & Durability: As for dependency that is a funny question to ask. As someone once said this is the best piece of garbage you can own. They don't make these anymore so a back-up is too much of a pain to find. The casing is made out of plastic so it could crack someday. It can be reinforced or rehoused though. I haven't done that as it hasn't shown any signs of breaking. // 5

Overall Impression: I play many many styles but if you had to concise it down or give it a label it would be progressive experimental funk rock, but I also do a solo acoustic work as well. If you want to hear it check my profile. I've been playing 9 years going on 10 and my list of gear is just too long to run through. It would be fantastic if Ibanez reissued this wah along with the WH10 wah with a metal casing. Until then we can only be happy that Wilson effects has made a WH10 clone! If my wah broke, was lost or stolen I'd kamehameha the earth, and then buy a new wah from Wilson's. // 8

Comments