WH-10 V2 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: WH-10 V2

Using a Stratocaster with Lace Sensor Gold's into a Vox AC15, this pedal sings. I have not owned an Original model, but comparing the reissue to sound clips of the Original pedal, they seem exactly the same. The wah sound is very vocal like, and it doesn't get really trebley like other wah pedals. For my money it's the best sounding wah for under $100. The WH-10v2 is also very compatible with other effects, I had great results running the WH10 into a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret, and then into a Malekko Ekko 616 Analog Delay. Which produced a great soloing tone. I wasn't fond of the "Bass" setting while using a guitar, but that option is open for those Who wish to experiment.

Overall, I think this pedal is great. It is not the end-all-be-all of wah pedals, but at a price tag of $99, it's easily about the best bang for your buck wah pedals on the market. I wish Ibanez would have used a different switch for the pedal, but that is my only complaint. If you are looking for a new wah pedal you should definitely watch out for this.

As I mentioned this pedal is in a very sturdy metal case, and so I don't have any worries when it comes to reliability, I haven't had the pedal for long, but I would definitely gig without a backup. All of the components are well soldered to the board. This pedal is built like a tank.

The first thing you will notice about the WH-10v2 is that Ibanez has decided to make this out of a very sturdy die-cast metal casing. The controls are very simple, using the "Depth" knob on the left side of the pedal allows users to change the amount "wah" and also, when turned past 12 o'clock, it will boost your guitar signal up to 12db. It also has a "Guitar/Bass" switch to change the range of the frequencies affected by the pedal. Making it a great wah for both the guitar and bass player. The pedal also has a "Dry out" jack for a tuner or a wet/dry setup with 2 different amps. The Wh-10 will run on either a 9v battery or a 9v power supply. My one complaint is that the switch is very difficult to depress when trying to engage or bypass the pedal. This could prove to be a real problem if you have to have wah at just the right time during a song and you can't get the Switch to respond.

JF4ever
    hadmaq
    JF4ever wrote: they really shouldn't have used a soft switch for it at all. I just have to see if putting some loop velcro under the treadle by the switch will work like it used to for my old wf-10
    I sent mine back to Ibanez in Philly and they did an awesome job putting in a different type of switch and fixed the problem completely. It has a one year warranty so the only thing I paid was shipping to get it there.