WH-10 V2 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: WH-10 V2

At the moment, this is my only pedal. My electric guitar rig is my guitar, a Jackson Catalyst, this pedal, and my amp, a Vox AC4TV8. Whether it is noisy or not depends on what you set the depth at, and as I said before, I set it pretty low. I was initially interested in this because for a while I was a bit obsessed with John Frusciante. After playing with it for a bit, I came to enjoy it and bought it. Another factor in my purchasing of it was the price. I got it on sale. I think it does a pretty good job for an $80 pedal based on a pedal that goes for hundreds of dollars on ebay. I enjoy it quite a bit. I have no complaints. It is a great pedal for the price. Considering the other Wah pedals in this price range, I would say this is the best one in the price range. I've gone through 2 other Wah pedals before this one, so I have somewhat of an experience with wah. I had two different Dunlop crybabys, and I got rid of both of them pretty quickly because that infamous shrillness got to me. I think this pedal sounds great clean and dirty. It's got nice tone and is great for that RHCP funkiness.

When I bought this, I was really into playing RHCP. I still enjoy it for that purpose, but it is also just a good all around Wah for other types of music. I mostly play low to mid gain music. A lot of classic rock. This pedal is good for that. I've been playing for about 3 years now. I love its tone. Compared to the other two crybabys I've had, this pedal is fantastic. Overall, I would say that in the price range that it's in, this pedal is well worth it and a great choice for ownership.

Before buying this, I talked to a few people who had one. One guy was on his third one which shows that the first two broke, thus they were unreliable. However, by being on his third one, that showed how much he liked it. The only complaint I heard was that you sometimes have to press down very hard to turn it on. I have noticed that, too, but I found that I quickly got over it because you learn pretty early on how hard to press it and that muscle memory just stays with you. So now I don't really notice that. It's yet to break. I have a warranty on it. I take very good care of my belongings, especially my gear. So I can't really see why this would break. I am yet to gig with it (I am mostly a bedroom player for fun), but I would trust it if I needed it.

The Ibanez WH-10 V2 is pretty easy to use and figure it out. It has a dial for depth, which controls how much Wah you want present in the mix. All the way down is a very subtle wah. All the way up is really present and loud. Also, as the depth is increased, a considerable amount of gain is added as well. After messing with it for a while, I pretty much keep the dial at about 30-40% (you don't need a lot unless you want a lot of gain with it). It has a Switch for whether you are playing guitar or bass. I am a guitarist myself so that's what I use. The instruction manual is easy to understand. You don't have to have too much technical knowledge to use this thing.