WH-10 V2 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: WH-10 V2

Price paid: A$ 200

Purchased from: eBay

The Wah sound is great, I much prefer it to the Crybaby Wah sounds. I used to use a Dunlop JH-1 Hendrix Wah and found it sounded too fake and "sticky"... It wasn't smooth enough for my liking. The Ibanez WH-10 V2 sounds close enough to the Original and has the added construction bonus of a metal case (as opposed to the Original which was plastic, for some dumb reason). It is very smooth and clean sounding, and the depth control allows heaps of diversity. The only problem I've found is that very soon it developed a crackling sound when the Wah is turned on and you rock it back and forth... But this seems to clear up after a while of using it in one session, and doesn't always happen. This might be due to loose dust or something getting caught inside it. I also like to use the Wah after distortion pedals instead of before, so create a more expressive and harsh Wah sound like John Frusciante did in RHCP... But with the V2 it somehow boosts the signal and makes it way too loud when used in this arrangement, I'm not sure if the Original does this but Frusciante didn't seem to have that problem!

Great pedal, great sound, hard as nails. Would be suitable for any genre of music. I play everything from funk to Indie to rock and alternative, even blues, and it works a treat! Got the smoothest Wah range I've ever heard in a Wah pedal, unlike Crybabys that tend to sound "sticky" like they hang on to 3 or 4 points through the Wah range and aren't so smooth sounding.

It's metal, unlike the original... And I've dropped mine a couple of times and it's still working. Built like any good pedal. However, as I mentioned before it developed a crackling sound, but that seems to clear up after prolonged use... Might have been dirty inside or something. Very reliable so far, no major problems. Always use it at gigs and has never let me down!

Pretty easy to use, like any wah... If, like me, you are/were used to using Dunlop Crybabys, the toe Switch may seem a bit too hard to push down on to turn the thing on, but you get very used to it after a while and I actually prefer it. The controls are easy, simple and very diverse compared to standard Crybabys, as you can manually adjust the depth of the range and Switch between Guitar and Bass mode.

GrimKage
    Just bought this pedal, the thing is absolutely terrific. Seems resposive enough to engage for me. Dunno why everyone is complaining about it, you just have to put some force into it. Great sounds, neat design, sturdy as hell. My favorite pedal for sure and it will be used a lot I am confident about that!
    mby94
    Hello. There is somthing called bypass what is it and how can i avoid it? mine does something weird with the sound how can it siddapear? and which setup should i use?
    J...Out
    Bought one, sounded amazing. That being said... this pedal is junk. The on/off switch is horrendous and a MAJOR design flaw. I tried making some minor adjustments (removing some of the padding the factory installed, adding velcro, tape, taping a dime on the top of the pedal) everything I could imagine short of replacing the switch. It NEVER worked right. However, about 12-14 months after I got it, it totally shit the bed so the switch was the least of the problems. I really enjoyed the sound of the pedal, but will never buy another one again. Dunlop crybabies are much more reliable and sound great. I think at the end of the day the only people who will really appriciate this pedal are Frusciante fanboys and people who care more about the name on the pedal opposed to how well it performs.
    J...Out
    And what's with the ding-dong who spent $200 for the thing???!!! I've never seen one of these priced over $100.