WH10 Wah review by Ibanez

Ibanez: WH10 Wah

Price paid: € 151

Purchased from: eBay

I use it with Epiphone Les Paul Studio currently and Laney VC-15. This wah isn't noisy but it's volume boost annoys me sometimes. Especially when I play at low volumes at home. The sound is amazing. I owned Fender Strat 62' re and with this kind of guitar it's great! Very funky, not classic actually, modern sounding wah. I bought it just because of John Frusciante Who uses it Live and in the studio. So for the Chili Peppers or The Mars Volta it's perfect. Playing solos with it's is very nice, it has a very big depth... I have a Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion with Big Muff or English Muff'N for solos and the sound is really amazing. A lot of people come to me after shows or rehearsalls and ask what the hell is it because the sound is fantastic!

I play funk rock with some electronic stuff. It's suits for me very well. I've been playing the guitar for almost 3 years now so it's not so long but I hope this review will help You. I use it with other pedals: Boss DS-2, EHX Big Muff, EHX English Muff'N, EHX Q-Tron+ and MXR Phase 90. If it was stolen I'd buy another one for sure! I don't care that it's sooo expensive. It's worth every dollar, euro, pound! I love that magic sound while playing solo, I love how funky it is, I love everything in this pedal (maybe the reliability isn't the best side of it). I owned a Crybaby, cheap Behringer wah and there's no other wah that You can compare to WH-10 and say that WH-10 is worse. It's just pure magic. Buy it even if You'd have to sell Your house!

This is the place where the WH-10 is probably the worst thing ever made! Plastic casing really sucks! My WH-10 has 2 cracks and that's why I made two metal plates to reinforce it. Now the pedal isn't as felxible as it was so the whole construction is much stronger. I'm gigging with it and I haven't had any problems with it yet!

It's very easy pedal to use. It has one knob, "depth" which controls the depth of the wah and it also adds a lot of volume boost. You have to stomp on it to turn it on and off. Basically it's just a normal wah pedal. My was never upgraded technically I just reinforced it. I put some metal plates to make it less flexible and to avoid cracks.

Weenie96
    Heh thanks frusciante's wah is soo efective. I have a crybaby atm and it does fine and on my bad practice amp but if i use my DS-1 with it it does this thing where instead of gradually easing the bass to the treble it like has this squeky middle point where it goes straight into treble, but you dont notice it if you play fast enough.
    Shadeslayer95
    I'm having trouble connecting my wh10, for some reason it won't work when i plug it in to my turbo distortion pedal; other than that, its a great pedal with tremendous power compared to the dunlop crybaby.