Headstock Tuner review by Intellitouch

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
  • Users' score: 5 (1 vote)
Intellitouch: Headstock Tuner

Purchased from: Local Store

Not available. It's a tuner.

Basically, I hate this tuner. If it still worked, I wouldn't mind it, but frankly, it doesn't. I don't want to try to fix it, either, first because I solder and second because it's not worth the effort. It has this "learning" mode that I accidentally switch to that makes tuning educational for people who don't know their strings but want to learn. The problem is, you can't manually select what note you want to tune a string to.

This is the part where I hate this thing. It doesn't work. Ever. When I bought it (and it doesn't even have a model number, hence the general title), it worked great. Now, only a few months later, it doesn't work at all. I turn it on, and a few seconds after trying to tune, the screen basically freezes. I can't use a tuner if it doesn't work. Intellitouch was no help, either. I emailed them and got no response.

This tuner is pretty easy to use. All you have to do is clip it on your headstock, turn it on, and hopefully tune it. It's pretty simple, but it's obviously targeted to newer guitarists.

lekremyelsew
    You shouldn't expect it to if its not advertised as a "Chromatic Tuner"
    sewoo55