Decimator Noise Reduction review by ISP Technologies

ISP Technologies: Decimator Noise Reduction

Purchased from: Uncle Sam's Jamms, Louisville Kentucky

This pedal is absolutely wonderful. My local dealer happened to have my amp, Peavey Windsor, and if any of you have had experience with this amp, you know it can get a little noisey. Seeing the opportunity, I tried the ISP along with Boss NS-2 and MXR Smartgate. The other noise suppressors simply didn't do the job. Both others affected tone greatly, the NS-2 actually added some buzz to my signal. Neither of them responded greatly to staccato notes. The ISP affected my sound, by taking buzz and feedback out of it. It makes for a great sounding rig buy taking away all unwanted noise. It also never lost track during complicated Death Metal rhythms, every note was heard loud and clear.

I play a little bit of everything, but play on stage with a Death Metal band. This pedal isn't really limited to any certain kind of music, it would be found useful in every genre. I play it through a Peavey Windsor with my Schecter C-1FR. I would definitely buy this pedal again. It is simply great, it is one product that has surpassed all my expectations. In my opinion it is the best noise reduction pedal on the market, and the chrome is a nice touch.

I've had this pedal for about three months now. I've used it at many shows and it has never failed. I've used it without a backup the whole time. It is very well constructed, appears to be all steel. It seems to be very reliable and could probably take a pretty good beating.

This pedal is very simple to use. All you have to do is turn it on and set the threshold knob to a setting that gets rid of your feedback and buzz. It can be placed either in front of the amp or in the effects loop. The manual isn't very helpful, so if you use stock amp distortion, try putting it in your effects loop. It should get rid of not only feedback, but also get rid of buzz. The only problem I have with this pedal is the fact that the knob is very sensitive, so it takes quite a while to dial it in perfectly.