Decimator Noise Reduction review by ISP Technologies

ISP Technologies: Decimator Noise Reduction

Purchased from: eBay

I am currently using one in from of a wah, overdrive, and EQ, so my chain gets noisy easily. The ISP easily takes out all the noise. It also removes any noise from the guitar pickups, if you have a noisy guitar, like some Fender guitars. I have the knob at about halfway up, so the pedal can definitely handle a ton of feedback if needed. There's nothing that does a better job out there than this pedal. It's definitely worth it for the money and it really completes a pedalboard if you have a lot of effects.

Overall it's a fantastic piece of equipment. Any guitarist could use one of these, it's not just for metal or other heavy gain stuff, it really cleans up the signal for any type of music. I've had this pedal for a few months now and I have no complains or concerns. Luckily I found mine at a low price, that was the only thing that concerned me at first, but if I needed a replacement, I would have to get another one. There's just nothing that can do a better job. I assure you this pedal performs better than the Boss NS-2 or the MXR Smart Gate. Very simple yet effective pedal that won't let you down.

No doubt that this thing can withstand a beating. This pedal's built like a tank, as are all comparable pedals, like Boss. Same exact construction as comparable Boss or DigiTech stompboxes, just to give you an idea. Not much else to say, I would definately gig with it and not worry about it going out, I would just recommend taking advantage of the 9v power jack instead of using batteries, then the thing's unstoppable.

Couldn't be easier to use this pedal, just turn the single knob until the noise goes away and you're set. The pedal does the rest and will track your playing. It's a really cool pedal, and it can tell the difference between noise and sustained notes, so notes you hold out don't get cut out.

kraken1987
    I have the G-string model, it's awesome and well worth the extra cash (159 from soundsgreatmusic.com).
    mattg2123
    The G-string model is great. I run it up front then whammy(needs to be first in chain after G-string)OD, Fuzz, wha all in the decimator loop and then run modulation post loop with phaser and delays. Set like this there is no note cut-off and all mod effects ring true. As the pedal "sees" straight guitar signal first, quiet clean tones come through as well as stacked fuzz/dirt with all hiss removed. When set spot on you can still cut the noise floor out and keep the feedback.