Decimator Noise Reduction review by ISP Technologies

ISP Technologies: Decimator Noise Reduction

I use the Decimator with a Washburn equipped with a Duncan Invader and an SH-4 through a Peavey Vypyr 120H/Valveking 412 Slant. I play in Drop A, and have the gain almost maxed, and yet, this can keep it 100% quiet, even at max volume. It does NOT effect the sustain or clarity of your notes, and doesn't suck any of your tone.

This is a beast of a noise reducer. It decimates the competition (pun intended) and for any high-gain lovers ot there, this pedal is a must. I've tried the Boss NS-2 and the MXR Smart Gate, and this blows them both out of the water. On top of that, it's not much more expensive than the Smart Gate, maybe $10. I know everybody says this, but I would replace it immediately if it was lost or stolen, and I recommend this to any metalhead out there with too much feedback.

This thing is built like a tank. It's very durable, and even scratch resistant. However, I would put in new batteries before ANY gig, just to be safe.

One knob, that's it, and yet, that's all you need. All you need to do is turn up your amp and let the feedback come on, turn on the pedal, and adjust the threshold until it's quiet. Simple as that, so it gets a 10.