Decimator Noise Reduction G-String review by ISP Technologies

ISP Technologies: Decimator Noise Reduction G-String

As I stated above I am using an Eleven Rack on the Mesa Mark II setting and a 300 Watt Randall Cab powered by a Crown power amp. My guitars all run passive EMG or DiMarzio pick-ups. Once I dialed the pedal in, all feedback stopped and any background noise was killed. The clean notes still seem natural as do the high gain notes. The only downside is it does gate after a certain bit if you are on very high gain and will cut off your tone prematurely if the threshold is set high. The Decimator works exactly as advertised.

I play hard rock/alt metal for a band called Smiling Politely, and as such I needed the benefit of pure clean tones and heavy gain right next to each other without blowing out the monitors with feedback. I have been playing guitar for a decade now and have owned a few different set up's ranging from a Marshall DS1 head for shows to Line 6 combo amps for practice. Noise will always be something high gain guitar players will have to contend with and I have not played on a pedal or gate that will do it better than the ISP Decimator G-String. Video from YouTube:

YouTube preview picture

Coming in a beautiful chrome metal casing, you can feel the quality of what its made with. I do not feel like I am going to break it just but stepping on it to turn on and off. As a poor musician trying to make it in the world, I don't have a lot of money for back up pedals and systems, and I really don't think I will have anything to worry about as far as gigging goes. While I have not taken off the cover to check out the battery components to see how they are put together (I run a 9v power adapter to it), the rest of the pedal is built solid as a rock.

I currently play through an Avid Eleven Rack though a Randall 4X12 cab. There is a noise gate build into the Eleven Rack itself but I found it to be a bit cumbersome and hindered my sustain a bit. After picking this guy up its literally plug and play. Very little adjustments needed to be made. For someone who just wants to kill feedback the single threshold knob is enough to do what it needs to do. The manual is there, but I never used it because its guitar in, guitar out, effects loop in, effects loop out.