Pick review by Jellifish

• Reviewer's score: 1 Junky
Jellifish: Pick

Purchased from: Lanham Music

When following the instructions the sound produces about the same effect as listening to a couple of alleycats mating, very irritating. If I heard a guitarist using one of these my immediate inclination would be to douse him or her with cold water in the hopes the guitarist would relocate out of my hearing.

The only kind of music I can imagine this being useful for would be someone trying to recreate the punk sound of the late 1970s. I can't imagine anyone stealing one of these. I actually threw mine away finally, this was a complete waste of money. My consolation is that I only wasted $10.00 on this instead of $15 like the first reviewer.

The tines are prone to breakage if not stored in a container. If one is trying to get a mechanical chorus type effect, one could accomplish the same function more cheaply by offsetting two picks and supergluing them together with a small cardboard shim between them to create spacing. This is totally unreliable, and the price Jellifish charges for these should make them subject to fraud and deceptive marketing charges. Would I use it on a gig without backup? I wouldn't use it on a gig, period!

It is not easy to get a good sound out of this. The manual is a little 3" x 5" sheet of paper, in other words, non-existent. Jellifish directs purchasers to it's website for "detailed instructions." The detailed instructions are .mpg film clips with minimal audio/video quality. Following the instructions on that sheet of paper yields an annoyingly scratchy sound reminiscent of rubbing the flat of a knife blade on the strings.

BlindMelon45
    ive played with one... hard as hell to get the sounds its supposed to create. or at least for me it was.. id save my money... if you want a cool "pic" type thing, jus go bu an Ebow, thats what im lookin to buy
    micstarz
    The website? Seeing their website put me off, nevermind all these reviews. This really is a wannabe accessory.
    Mental Hop
    It does nothing. I own it and it doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is because the tines are so close together, once one hits a strings the next one mutes it. Which might sound desirable if they weren't so close that you hear nothing at all once the first tine hit. It scratches your guitar very easily, makes a horrible noise, and is not worth buying. Save your money for a chorus pedal or a twelve string.
    Rockinguitar
    Believe it or not, the scratching noise, especially on an acoustic. But I found it easy to use. Don't use it often though. And it DEFINITELY isn't worth 15 bucks apiece.