J-Station review by Johnson

Johnson: J-Station

To play the J-station you'll need some sort of speaker, I use an old stereo speaker wich was first used for CD playing, it works perfectly. Works into most speakers. But I would not use it to boost signal from amp effects etc. The sound is completly versatile, you could play everything from country to death metal with this baby, no problem there. I have a Fender '70s Stratocaster with a Seymour Duncan jb. jr. in bridge position, and with the rectified setting I can play like Children Of Bodom! With a Stratocaster! That's amazing! There are 7 effects too: chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo, rotary, auto wah and pitch/detune. All the effects exept the auto wah works great. It also has inbuilt tuner wich is great to get one string in tune, then tune the others after that one. Also a noisegate on it, wich is pretty helpful, you could use the rectified setting with a singlecoil pickup and get no unwanted noises.

As said before, it's very versatile and there is not many styles the J-station can't cover up. It matches about every guitar style I can think of. If it where stolen I would get a new one, but I believe I would have a hard time finding one, haven't seen it in any store I've been to. The J-station is use by Yngwie Malmsteen as a practice Tool, and I say of it's good enough Yngwie, it's good enough for me.

It's solid as a rock, I've droped it several times leaving nothing but scratches or scars. The only thing is that the light on the amp setting section is gone, but I manage to use it anyway. I would take this to a gig without backup, it's never been a problem to use it, or any other malfunctions, it fits to every guitar.

The J-station is a preamp for guitar, wich is pretty easy to use. I didn't get any manual, cause I borrowed it from a friend, the settings are easy: you have 6 equalizer knobs (gain, treble, mid, bass, level, master volum), then there are tuner, delay, reverb, noisegate, 7 different digtal effects and so on. There's a knob for saved data, wich you can edit your self, and then the crown on it all, 25 different amp settings including things like: rectified, blues, boutique, modern, hot rod, tweed, fuzz. All trough the buttons can be a little bit advanced in the begining, but to get good sound is no problem.

Silky Smooth
    My buddy had one of these and it sounded amazing!! I always regretted not buying it off him.
    tedguitar88
    Please comment on it!! I need more reviews !! I think everyone needs more reviews on it since its such a nice box, and there are so few resources on it!!
    tedguitar88
    For anyone on need of hearing the potential of the J-Station I found out that Ron Jarzombek has been a faithful user of it, check his latest project, called Blotted Science, the album is The Machinations of Dementia, He used the J-Station for recording the whole album!!!
    kill it
    i saw some great reviews on it at harmony central. so good that i just bought one off ebay for under 100. if it turns out to be as good as they say it is for that price sweeeeett.
    Scott Burright
    Great box, I think it must have been a commercial flop, because I bought mine new on clearance way back when, for cheap.