JF-10 Dynamic Compressor Review

manufacturer: Joyo date: 12/10/2014 category: Guitar Effects
Joyo: JF-10 Dynamic Compressor
The pedal is pretty straightforward and has all the features you get on all the major name compressors and in some cases more. Good pedal, good features, and good sound, definitely a solid buy and unbeatable at under $40.
 Ease of Use: 10
 9.2
 8.3
 10,635
review (1) pictures (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
JF-10 Dynamic Compressor Reviewed by: guitarsngear, on december 10, 2014

Purchased from: www.donnerdeal.com

Ease of Use: The pedal is pretty straightforward and has all the features you get on all the major name compressors and in some cases more. A lot of big name comps have only two controls – Level (volume out) and the amount of compression. Joyo adds a 3rd control for Attack. The attack control alters how aggressively the compressor grabs onto a volume spike, sometimes you want it to clamp down immediately and sometimes you want it to let some of that volume through and then clamp down. With the attack you can adjust how the pedal behaves in that regard which is a really nice feature to have in tailoring your sound. // 10

Sound: This is a great pedal and is now an always on pedal on my board. A compressor is a must if you are doing a lot of clean guitar work, or fast runs or solos. As with any pedal play with all the settings until you find what works for you. The Joyo compressor is absolutely great, it is very clean and transparent while it works so you get great compression and sustain but without your sound being coloured, the compressor just does it's thing in the back ground and equals out the notes very nicely. I have not had any noise issues with the compressor as I have with some others that can get noisy when compressing. A good compressor should be subtle but effective, it should level out the volume across your notes, and generally make your playing sound smoother and more articulate. This pedal does a great job of delivering just that. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The pedal is solidly built with metal construction with a nice heavy duty true bypass switch. It feels sturdy in your hand, all the jacks and switches are secure, it doesn't feel like it is going to fall apart on you. I haven't had any issues with the pedal and I am not afraid to step on it. Also the bright green paint job with the white graphics and lettering make it stand out on your board and makes it look like it cost a lot more than what you paid for it and the sound and performance will too. // 10

Overall Impression: Good pedal, good features, and good sound, definitely a solid buy and unbeatable at under $40. If this was lost or stolen (because I don't think it will break) I would replace it in a heartbeat. One of my favorite pedals. I have had the pedal in regular use for over 6 months now with zero issues, this pedal made me give Joyo a second look.

I have been playing guitar for almost 20 years now and have used my fair share of guitars and gear over that time. I know quality and I know junk when I see it and use it. I play a lot of worship/church music which is the majority of where I use my effects, I also play a lot of metal so I have an ear for a wide range of music. // 10

Comments