JF-34 US Dream Review

1,983
review (1) pictures (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
JF-34 US Dream Reviewed by: weird_kid, on july 31, 2015

Purchased from: Amazon

Ease of Use: I would say it is fairly easy to get a good sound out of it. It may take a little time to find the perfect sound for you, but all pedals are like that. There really isn't a "manual" that comes with it, just a little piece of paper that very vaguely explains the different controls, but I found it was not necessary, if you are familiar with distortion pedals you can use this one no problem. It has only three knobs and a foot switch, it's not rocket science to figure out what each knob controls just by messing with it a bit. // 9

Sound: This pedal delivers a bright crunchy distortion that can be well suited for hard rock and possibly some light metal. Some examples of what I play with it are Evanescence, Three Days Grace and Thousand Foot Krutch. I use it with my LTD EC-256 and I think it sounds pretty good. Even the guitarist in my band likes it even though it is cheap. It can be a bit hissy if you turn the tone or distortion up too much, also depending on how much noise it picks up from the room. I don't think that is a deal breaker though for the price. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The casing is made of metal, so much better than the shabby plastic pedals I used before for the same price. Some people say that it is too light to be made of a good durable metal, but it has held up my daily playing and a trip on an airplane being shoved under seats and kicked. I wouldn't say it is badly built. The knobs are also silent when turned even while the pedal is on. I would gig with it without a backup, but the nice thing is for the price you can easily get a backup if you really don't trust that it won't give out while you are on stage. // 9

Overall Impression: This pedal is a great buy for the price, it is easy to replace if anything were to happen to it and it seems very solid. The only thing I would change about it is the fact that you have to plug the power into the side and not the top and it can get in the way of plugging in the patch cable from other pedals. It is a minor inconvenience that doesn't really affect the pedal that much. I was very surprised at the sound quality I found it much nicer than the Boss OS-2 I returned after having tried this pedal. Even though it is bright it is not thin like the Boss was. // 8

Comments