AX1000G review by Korg

Korg: AX1000G

Purchased from: Ebay

I have mainly used a Custom Les Paul (not a custom as in factory made) and my Randall G3 along with a Laney MXD30 at one point. But this is really is the point, now this product is really just for cheap good experimenting. Noise supressor is good. Effects are average and varied, a few diverse ones and Drive amps are solid enough sounding with a good rig behind it.

In it's time it would have been brilliant. Now I use an X3 so it's not quite such a competitor. Built for great value, if you see one floating around on ebay or whatever, buy it! You will most likely not want to gig it at all, but I think it deserves recognition for being a smart wee gadget!

Purely a bedroom gadget for me now. I would use it as a backup if everything I else broke but it does need a lot of tweaking with to sound spot on for each player. Never had a problem with it, never broken, very durable (taken a lot of bashing) etc in 3 years.

This little effects board is very old now, but I think it deserves a little something on this site to keep the toneworks range alive. For the money there really is no complaining at all, the preset patches are varied and fun (for a while) and editing them is clear and simple. Ideal for a young guitarist who isn't quite sure what a phaser is etc. Many avenues can be explored with this little gadget.

infinitetoast
    I have one of these units and I really enjoy it for what its worth. I'm not sure how much stomping some of the footswitches could take but the expression pedal is solid. It's versatile if you don't want 50 analog pedals cluttering up your floor.
    beaubadger
    A great pedal! I stepped up to one of these from the Korg A4 years ago. The newer AX3000G didn't impress me much so I started to use the old AX1000G again. All the effects you'll ever need and more. Great distortions! Love it!
    arvp53
    I have one of these, It's really easy to use and has just about everything, and it is a stereo unit. It is also very cool if you want to just keep it near you to play when you get a quick idea, you can just turn it on and send the signal to a PC or a stereo or a pair of headphones with the headphone out, I use a Rocktron Utopia for my normal Setup which sounds great but it is much more involved to set it up for the sound you want, The Korg is a nice easy-to-use mutli-effects unit that is a little past its prime but it sounds great, is durable, Inexpensive, and very easy to use. I think its a great unit for someone looking to try out effects without spending a fortune and you can learn how it works with no trouble, fuss, or a big expense (around $20 on Ebay)actually give you the urge to try a different type of music than you normally would play, well, it did to me.
    philgruber153
    i owe the unit for awhile now but i haven't got very far with it. can someone in the community email some good patches to help me along. reach me at philgruber153@hotmail.com. many thanks!