AX100G review by Korg

Korg: AX100G

Purchased from: SamAsh

I'm using either a Jackson K3Kelly or my Aria LP. I use this through a Marshall Lead 100 Mosfet head, with a Crate cab. Some other effects I use are the Boss Superphaser, Jimi Hendrix Wah, and Boss Mega Dist. The sound goes through pretty good for the most part, but sometimes, for some reason that I've yet to figure out, sometimes if you're looking for sustain, you get nothing of the sort. you strum a chord (letting it ring) and it just fades out really quick. I'm not sure why though.

I play anything from Indie, to metal and this fits in between there. I would suggest this as a beginning pedal. It was my first multi-effect board, and it's served me well. There is a little bit of everything on here. Different distortions, delay, phaser, chorus, reverd, comp, flanger, vibrato. Everything. I wish I would've actually went with something more like a DigiTech. But I can't complain about this. It's still a great pedal. Great for bypass and tuning use.

The unit is good as far as durability. It is made of plastic though, but if you're not playing anything too heavy or too brutal it should withstand. I would gig without a backup but def. Use an adapter. I wouldn't trust batteries on this. And don't bump it with the adapter, because it will cut out real quick.

The sound is good for the most part. Editing sounds and creating your own is extremely easy. Take a quick glance through the manual and you're there. There is a semi-decent amount of presets on the unit, but it's better to just make your own, but don't be intimidated, because it's way easy to do so.