AX10G review by Korg

Korg: AX10G

I use this effects pedal with the common squire strat. It may suck, but I guess the guitar doesn't make the player... Anyway, I also use a Fender Frontman with Overdrive. The pedal also has a volume knob, so you can double the volume of your amp, same with Overdrive, trebal etc. The effects sound excellent, especially the phaser and flanger, but there are some odd ones like the feedback and acoustic. it doesnt seem to make a difference and the acoustic sounds noting like an acoustic. more like a guitar with no bass, mid and heaps of trebal. It includes a control pedal for the wah which is 'supposed' to model the sound of a Vox Wah. There is a clever thing with the wah where you can set it to make the wah sound louder by the strength of your picking. Nice. The pedal also can be used for volume, modulation speed and ambience speed. you can easily get the sound of bands like powderfinger and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, which are my favourite bands. It can be trouble banking up and down because you have to step on it with some force and sometimes it can hurt your feet if you are bare footed. Personally, I don't thing that there is enough room to place your foot.

I prefer to play rock and roll and funk - Red Hot Chili Peppers and Powderfinger. This pedal is excellent for them. I have been playing for 3 years and own a squire strat california and a Fender Frontman 15W amp. If this product was stolen, I would find the person and smash them. It would be along time before I got another pedal. I would probably get something else. This pedal is also a burden to carry around because of its shape. My favourite feature about this pedal is the many effects obtainalbe and especially the Wah.

The pedal can use either 4X AA batteries, or a 9V adapter. I would depend on it because it is my only pedal, but the banking is difficult and you cant be sure if you pressed up or down because of the inadequate space. If you are using it on stage, for a number of hours, or for everyday, I suggest you use the adaptor, because it can eat up the batteries pretty fast.

It depends on how you want to obtain the sound. You can choose to modify the sound from the presets, or you can make up your own sound from scratch. There are alot of different modulations, ambience and amp types to choose from. As I don't own the amps available, I wouldn't know if they sounded as good as the original. The manual is sort of helpful and it is in multiple languages.