AX10G review by Korg

Korg: AX10G

Purchased from: Key-music

I bought this effect unit to improve the sound of my amp, that it didn't really do. The effects are perfect but you can't really push more out of youre amp. So you need to get a good amp first and later the effects. What's brilliant on this korgax is that it hase noise reduction so you dodn't hear those buzz anymore, and you still have an insane distortion. The effects really sound brilliant much beter then the digitec guitar effect series (you can change speed, depth of each effect).

I mostly play metal. But the good thing about this unit is that you can do so much with it. The effects really are the best you can get in its price classe. If it were stole I would electrify the person who did it an let him buy a new one for me. I sometimes hate that you can change so much on it so sometimes you have a bit to much options but then again you still have the manual that explains how you have to create your sound. But this effect unit is really good you can play music like it sounds on CDs from Jimi H. to Metallica to Pink Floyd to Lenny Kravitz. What you don't have to expect is support from Korg my adaptor was broke and they repared it but it's still broke. So don't overpay for a Korg adaptor when you just can buy a cheep adapter that probally works better.

I would use it on a gig but first I would buy a new adapter cause the adapter I got with it sucks like hell. When you even bend the cable a bit the effect unit just cuts out of power. But the unit itself is really durable and reliable it let it fall, kickt it and it still works fine. What bothers me is that the pedal is made of plastic but it didn't break yet but I wouldn't put much weight on it. What also bothers me is that it takes a few seconds to start it up (when you activate it, it like first has to "warm up" and only after 10s you have sound) so when it falls out of power on a gig you are f--ked.

This is a realy easy to use guitar effect unit. The function button is also realy easy to use. The manual is very good, it describes all effects, there's also a guide in it about how to make a cool sound.