AX10G review by Korg

Korg: AX10G

Purchased from: Buzz Music

At the moment I am switching between 2 SGs an Epipone Custom SG and a Gibson Tony Iommi SG. The amp is a Laney GH50L 4x12 cabinet. The only effect that I don't like in this unit is the wah effect. It is supposed to be the same as a Vox wah, but it dosn't sound like one to me. I play Black Sabbath and my own music, I only usually use the chorus and delay effects. I always use the chorus and a slapback delay on just about every song and extended delay for some solos. I have tested all the effects though and they are all very good except for the wah.

This has all the effects that I will ever need so I am very happy with it, and for such a low price you can't go wrong. I have been playing for 6 years now and own many other effect pedals. The only ones I still use are my Vox Brit Boost and a Zakk Wylde Wah. If it were lost or stolen I would buy another one for sure. I did compare this with a DigiTech unit but it was more expensive for virtually the same thing. I am happy with it.

I can depend on it. I probably wouldn't go to a gig without a backup though just to be safe, this thing is only made of plastic and could be broken if dropped or stood on to hard.

This takes a little bit of fiddling around to work out how to use everything properly but it dosn't take long and the manual is very helpful. It explains all the different amp styles and what they are. Very easy once you get the hang of it.